Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What are some of your favorite entertaining ideas and recipes this holiday season?

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy moms know entertaining during the holidays can be a difficult job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 25 CafeMoms to be mBlog Ambassadors and visit Macy's mBlog site for holiday entertaining tips, gift ideas, recipes and more!  Then we asked them to come back to CafeMom and share what they've learned. With Macy's mBlog, CafeMoms have an online destination for home and lifestyle news supplied by an impressive network of industry experts and Macy's own in-house bloggers!

This months theme is home happenings. What's are some of your home entertaining ideas this holiday season?  Do you find any inspirations from mBlog for your holiday happenings?

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Replies (91-100):
KristinRox
by Kristin on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

This is good information about the quick breads.

Quoting dusky_rose:

I like to do my baking ahead of time and freeze it for later. I bake many kinds of cookies and quick breads (the quick breads taste moister after being frozen then thawed at room temperature). That way I am not overdoing it at the last minute.

JOIN US ON:

KristinRox
by Kristin on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM

This is an excellent tip. I always find mysel baking the day of a get together, and that just makes things way way way too crazy.

Quoting LOVE_mygirls58:

I bake everything the day before!! It helps alot with the preperation for the next day

JOIN US ON:

sjump25
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I've never checked out mBlog, but I will now!

kellynh
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Nope, I have my own style!!! ;) 

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM
That's a great idea!

Quoting gacgbaker:

I try to make a lot of things ahead of time and freeze them- the rolls you can make to a point, then freeze and bake fresh.  Other things like that.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM
My oldest loves to help with that kind of stuff too!

Quoting Bzmom_x_5:

I really try to get a lot of cooking done early in the week so I can actually spend time with my family! I also put the kids to work, measuring and mixing and they enjoy helping and taking some credit for dinner.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I don't know what these are but they sounds delicious. Lol

Quoting KaylaMillar:

I love to make peanut butter balls. The family loves them and they get devoured in no time! 

alliesmom112
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

sounds yummy

Quoting DawnPratt23:

main.jpg

mBlog has tons of creative ideas that are very helpful. This site is something that I will continue to check for new ideas and recipes. I will be trying this recipe this fall, I love cranberries, and this one is close to the same cranberry recipe my Grandma used to make. 

http://community.macys.com/t5/Happenings/Have-A-Cran-berry-Happy-Thanksgiving/ba-p/12740

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Those are awesome! 

Quoting othermom:

I love some of the ideas on the mblog. I really love these three sets. They would be wonderful for helping me cook for the holidays

image1.jpg

Set it
Obviously, when it comes to the first matrimonial meal with your beau’s parents, you want every dish to come out perfect. But, if you’re still working with the one or two cooking utensils from your first apartment, that might be hard! Upgrade from your solo days with all-in-one sets that can prepare anything (for even the most finicky of palates!)

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Those ARE nice!  We have some that are similar.  We have a fireplace, but aren't allowed to have fires in it.  I wish we could.

Quoting Apr1l:

We love having a fire in our living room fireplace, its so cozy, our guests love it too.  We have very cold winters where I live, but the fireplace is nice to sit by and play a game or make smores indoor =D 

I saw these curtains on the mblog its great idea having curtains that help keep your home warm and insulate, and they look nice too bonus 

line.jpg

image1.jpg

Get Cozy

Reflect the colors of the season inside your home as well as out. The best place to start? Curtains! A quick switch of your window treatment can easily transform the look of any room. I love these by Pella. Not only do they come in a variety of Fall colors but they’re also energy-efficient – so you can keep warm inside & save money too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)