Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Husbands and their TV watching, grrrr..

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:58 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well, It's not like I am newly married , married 38+years, lol.  I gotta tell ya though, his TV watching bugs the beegeebers our of me.  He works hard and gets up super early so i understand the need to relax and veg out.  but Geee.  Our kids are out of the house , he he just turned 60 in April and not depressed but just a TV addict, per my standards.  I just figured put approx.how many hours per week he watches TV.~~~~  63!!!!~~~~   He gets up at 4:30 AM, watches taped sports show every morning.  After he gets home M-F the TV is on from 5-12.  We chat during commercialsor if I need to say something, he will "PAUSE" THE SHOW! Gee, thanks.  weekends are worse.  A lot of Fridays we go to the movies, and then when he gets home, he stays up till maybe 1 or 2 am and watch TV.  Yep, I have brought up my concern before, like I said, we have been married a long time. I am not saying I want to go oit during the week, I know he is tired, but maybe a board game , something.  Yep , I suggested that too but he doesn't like the idea.  He just tells me," If "you need to talk, that's just fine, I'll mute the TV.  I just love you being in the same room with me even if you are reading, it's a comfort to me"  I know I can't change him after many years, but geeee i get sick of even hearing the TV.  He doesn't like hotel rooms withlut a TV either, even if it's in a different language!!!  He has been like this our entire marriage, so complaining won't help. 

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ang4adam
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:47 PM

well i hope my hubby is not like that, it bothers me when he sitting and i'm running around the house with 4 children and different activities going on, he doesn't do it every day but some reason it bugs me

sjump25
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Yikes :/ I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:12 AM
My hubby is a tv addict too. When Im home alone I like either the tv or music on to kinda keep me company, but I hardly ever really watch a whole tv show or movie all the way through. I always tell dh hes a tv addict, it makes me nuts. I would rather have more family time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 23, 2012 at 2:44 AM

That's a lot of tv time!

jellybeanjean
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish my hubby was addicted to the TV...buts hes more of a computer guy.... which sucks cause you never know whats going on there!

mrsparker0
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Ugh at least with tv he can pause and talk to you, is aware of current events, etc. My hubs is a gamer/comp nerd and activity on those is neither paused nor of this world. Blah!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:37 AM

That would annoy the hell out of me! 

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Here is the video games.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Quoting sjump25:

Yikes :/ I'm sorry.

Yes!

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Don't move here then we have several TV's running 24/7. When we go out we even leave it on for the dog.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)