Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Ask the Expert: Get advice from Macy's mBlog Fashionista

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM
  • 117 Replies

CafeMom is excited to welcome Hayley to The Lounge! She'll be taking your fashion questions until September 17th. 

Hayley is a fashion writer, shopaholic and proud Canuck whose childhood dream was to move to New York City and get paid to write about her favorite things (Mission Accomplished!). She is currently the Fashion News Editor at Fashionista.com, and her work has appeared in Elle, Teen Vogue and Another Magazine.

Are you looking for ways to update your wardrobe? Ask your questions about fall fashion here! We'll post Hayley's answers on 9/27. One mom who asks a question will win a $20 gift card to Macy's!

Giveaway rules:

• The Fashion Expert giveaway starts 8/26/12 at 11pm (ET) and ends 9/17//2012 at noon (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $20 gift card to Macy's.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 9/19/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Edited by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimsardo
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

What are some great style for an active mom, me!? I'm 46 and have a 9 year old son. I can use some tips to spruce my style up a bit.

my4littlegirls
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

What type of style would look good on a plus size woman? 

pitcher34
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:27 PM

What would you suggest for a plus mommy. I want to look good, but not like a bad mom. I ave a tummy and a big butt. My legs are very muscular and i have a skinny face and neck. My arms are a lttle bigger now, because I am not in sports anymore.

VisionSeeker
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

What is going to be the "in" color scheme for this fall?  Is it going to work well for all body types?

MorganTho
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this

What about for mommies with a full-bust? I have DD's, and they look HUGE in most everything I wear. I would like to be able to wear something that won't draw a lot of attention to my chest, but I want something age-appropriate. I'm 23 I don't want to start dressing like an old lady quite yet.

ham3812
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm looking for places on line to buy clothes. Not expensive and clothes that are casual.
unsuspected
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM
4 moms liked this

Hello Hayley,

I just turned 30 this month.  I've been a mom for 10 years.  I have a LOT od room for improvement when it comes to my 'style'.  

First ... I'm a stay at home mom, most day my biggest outing is dropping the older kids at school and picking them up.  I don't want to look like i'm trying too hard because it is nothing big. but I don't want to look like a slob either.  How can I update an every day jeans and tee shirt look to have some more sophistication and polish without being too overdone?

Also ... as a mom of 4, on one income ... there is not a lot of wiggle room as far as money to invest in my wardrobe.  What are some STAPLES that every woman should have in her closet?

lorililly
by Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM

i need help with my wardrobe.. really bad.. i have no fashion sense and need to find some. I need it bad.. I could use all the help i can get. i just joined a the pta and also my youngest just started preschool.. and i don't want to look like a slop.. please help !!!

goddess99
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Wearing brown and black together...? Ugh I still can't get into it.

Cake.Lady
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I am going to be a licensed real estate agent next month. That means I'll have to shop for some professional clothing. My issue is that I'm 26 years old, and I find professional office attire to be stuffy and uncomfortable. What are some styles that would still be considered professional, but be comfortable and stylish?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)