Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Im so pissed i could spit. intoxicated manager?! WTF. wwud?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM
  • 15 Replies

First let me say this, before anything else. For people who know me, they know im the last person that would "snitch" on someone. I dont care what others do with their lives.. why should I? But, there is a line... when your life and the choices you make, starts interfering with mine.. There is a problem. Especially.. in my work inviroment. I just got a new job about.. mmm.. 1 and 1/2 months ago. Fast food, bojangles. Up until now, ive had no problems with the workers. School just started back for us, thus we are more busy in the morning times, and lunch, because the teens get out for lunch, and come for breakfast. And today is friday and for most people.. pay day. So very busy day!!! Keep in mind that I am new.. still trying to get the hang of things, learn the menu, etc, and have never been in fast food before. We were already short staffed today, but around 11pm before lunch (when our business starts picking up again) the manager over us today starts acting very odd. Hanging all over people, giggling for no reason, and then starts bragging about "oh ive had too much to drink, i cant even remember the last few customers! im just not all here right now.. etc etc." WTF! Okay so pissed enough at that.. but THEN... she completely quits working.. and goes to the back sitting down and goofing off with other males.. just all over them! As i walk back there once.. carying mildy heavy boxes on my shoulders (but not too much im 23 wks pregnant...) She looks at me and flat out busts out laughing.. "Im sorry! Im just not here right now!!! hahahahahah!" WHAT THE HELL? your sorry.. watching my pregnant, new ass struggle with all this shit.. and you just sit there and watch and laugh! B>S! I about cried so many times today, being so overwhelemed with all the business.. working drive through practically alone.. while she sits in the back flirting/laughing.. and NOT working. As the new person its hard to know what to do, i dont want to be hated.. but god.. i shouldnt have to put up with that! Especially a manger!? She even said something like "I know no one will say anything, because everyone has done something wrong at least once here" ???????? Sorry for the long message.. im just so pissed.!

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baquick
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:16 PM
3 moms liked this
I would speak with you GM first, or of she is the GM speak with the area manager.

I've been service industry for many years, that is not acceptable. Such a HUGE liability. Plus just a bad example.

This is an acceptable time to snitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM

[[hugs]] We had a manager at walmart who used to come in drunk... she eventually got fired for sleeping with to many associates... that and she became a stripper at a local club... oh my... I know fast food working drive thru or the front end SUCKS... I worked it for over a year at McDonalds... the menu changed so much when I first started... than once i learned that I was taking orders, cashing people out and getting their food... [[hugs]] cheer up babe... itll get better...!

ttcwlee_18
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Do they generally keep confidentiality of how they recieved the info? I mean, surely theres got to be a camera somewhere around... i dont want to be the hated new girl who got the "cool" boss fired, but at the same time.. this is ridiculus!?

Quoting baquick:

I would speak with you GM first, or of she is the GM speak with the area manager.

I've been service industry for many years, that is not acceptable. Such a HUGE liability. Plus just a bad example.

CafeMom Tickers

ttcwlee_18
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Shit, i almost hurt myself today trying to do all this stuff... my stomach hurts so bad right now. I am not putting up with this crap for longer than i have to, and my husband after seeing me in the emotional/physical state i was after work.. gave me full permision to quit in december when its about time for my maternity leave and to have baby (due dec 15th.) and you damn straight i am.. ill work at retail/grocery (i have before) before this shit!

Quoting ilovemykids732:

[[hugs]] We had a manager at walmart who used to come in drunk... she eventually got fired for sleeping with to many associates... that and she became a stripper at a local club... oh my... I know fast food working drive thru or the front end SUCKS... I worked it for over a year at McDonalds... the menu changed so much when I first started... than once i learned that I was taking orders, cashing people out and getting their food... [[hugs]] cheer up babe... itll get better...!

CafeMom Tickers

ilovemykids732
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I would call your HR manager or something... because her not helping you or atleast telling someone else to help you would have made it so that [if it were me] I would have A. Said something like 'come help me now...' or most likely B. dropped everything in my arms on the floor and walked outside, took out my cellphone and called upper management...

I was an angry pregnant woman...

Quoting ttcwlee_18:

Shit, i almost hurt myself today trying to do all this stuff... my stomach hurts so bad right now. I am not putting up with this crap for longer than i have to, and my husband after seeing me in the emotional/physical state i was after work.. gave me full permision to quit in december when its about time for my maternity leave and to have baby (due dec 15th.) and you damn straight i am.. ill work at retail/grocery (i have before) before this shit!

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Wow! That would majorly piss me off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM
They are supposed to.

Quoting ttcwlee_18:

Do they generally keep confidentiality of how they recieved the info? I mean, surely theres got to be a camera somewhere around... i dont want to be the hated new girl who got the "cool" boss fired, but at the same time.. this is ridiculus!?

Quoting baquick:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
familyfirst002
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 6:08 PM

That sucks. Sorry that you had to experience something like that. That is sad that the manger is drinking while being on the job. You should say something that is a no no... If  other co-workers see that she is drinking they will want too do the very same.  There are cameras..

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 24, 2012 at 6:28 PM

yeah I'd be upset and what she did was unacceptable

momoffour141265
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 6:32 PM

hey dont let them type people make u upset i have worked in many fast food joints say what u gotta say they dont pay u enough to be upset with them and if you feel like u cant say nothin next time she talks trash to her talk it right back they just act big in those places i done ran across many any way hope your day was better when u left.Are u goin back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN