Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

FEAR induced.......panicked run..........

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 9 Replies

Fear- can induce adrenalin ,enabling a mother to run half a block and back with no other thought in her head than "WHERE ARE MY GIRLS"? Bus driver blew by our stop this afternoon without stopping. I take off running to see if the girls were at the stop on the other block, yelling Hannah's name, saw some kids and yelled is Hannah there?

They said no so I go running back while dialing the school. I am out of breath and trying to talk and the school secretary was being a sweetheart, now it's okay we will find them..then the bus comes back with them. She says just stay on the line and let me know if they are there...(.I am driving the girls tomorrow and telling her thank you.)

But man......the bus driver says "well I didn't see you". Now he is supposed to let thekids off, I was there, he just didn't see me. Jenny was crying and some kid says They missed their stop".

All is well and I had unexpected adrenalin boosted exercise. Whew...so tired now and had to rest some at the neighbors before I came the rest of the way home. This is not the neigbhor's house that has issues with everything anyone does on the  block.  He would probably report me for making too much noise.  LOL

Do you think a panick induced run burns more calories? LOL LOL LOL

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM
*hugs* That's scary. The same thing has happened to me before. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM

This guy blows past kids' stops on a regular basis.  He thinks it's okay cause he brings them back.  He has been reported over and over. The bus barn doesn't care.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM

THanks girl.

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Aug. 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Whew at least they are ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM

My little one was a bit freaked out. LOL, first of all she needed to pee and secondly, she missed her stop. Poor kiddo. She made it to the bathroom in time. LOL

sjump25
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:38 PM
That is wrong! I would report, report, report till his ass was fired.

Quoting Thelmama:

This guy blows past kids' stops on a regular basis.  He thinks it's okay cause he brings them back.  He has been reported over and over. The bus barn doesn't care.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:41 PM

We are..:o)

Quoting sjump25:

That is wrong! I would report, report, report till his ass was fired.

Quoting Thelmama:

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Holy cow! I would have flipped out!
Thelmama
by Thelma on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I did.  I probably looked like an idiot running through the neighborhood screaming for my kids.......but hey I was in panic mode.  I was so out of breath from running I could barely speak.  I had chest pain afterwards...don't know if it was from fear or over exerting myself.  Not severe enough to be worried, just from having run so hard and so fast and trying to pull in oxygen.  

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Holy cow! I would have flipped out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN