Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Yes, I'm in a bad mood...

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  • 11 Replies
Yes, I'm venting.

No, I don't feel kind right now. (Long, bad, horrific day following a bad weekend).

BUT - I checked the evites list for my son's party.

One parent responded and said yes for his son we invited - and then said "and his brother too" and added his brother one year older.

My son was told to keep his list light - and excluded some friends from school he would have loved to have asked. It is at my house and with the chosen activities at the party, we really wanted lower numbers.

I am freaking pissed, but I have a hard time telling this child no after his dad clearly invited him as well. (the older sibling is a nice boy - that is not the issue).

So- I am venting and stewing, but don't feel cruel enough to tell the older sibling he is NOT invited.

The more I think about the more irate I become.

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjump25
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG that is not right!  Who does that??  I would be sooo pissed too.  Maybe you could just send him a message and say "as much as we would love for *the other boy* to come to the party we have planned things for a certain amount of children and that is why we were only able to invite *the boy you invited*" or something like that.  

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Quoting sjump25:

OMG that is not right!  Who does that??  I would be sooo pissed too.  Maybe you could just send him a message and say "as much as we would love for *the other boy* to come to the party we have planned things for a certain amount of children and that is why we were only able to invite *the boy you invited*" or something like that.  

I am in SUCH a bad mood, I don't even trust my reaction right now.

I feel do validated that you agree!!!!

I like what you said - ill try to work out of my hateful funk, mull it over abd go from there.

Thank you for the validation - I could use it today more than you know.
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok.  Turn off the computer and grab a glass of wine.  A bubble bath is in order!  Or hang out on here and just avoid the inbox.  Either way, get that wine.  

Respond back tomorrow after you have slept, but tell them that unfortunately due to space constraints, it's just not possible to add an extra child.  You would love to have him, but it's just not going to happen.  

If you respond tonight, it could get ugly.  Maybe Dad had his head up his ass and just wasn't thinking logically, but a reasonable person will understand.  Either way, sleep on it before you respond.  

I really hope you have a better week.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Ok.  Turn off the computer and grab a glass of wine.  A bubble bath is in order!  Or hang out on here and just avoid the inbox.  Either way, get that wine.  

Respond back tomorrow after you have slept, but tell them that unfortunately due to space constraints, it's just not possible to add an extra child.  You would love to have him, but it's just not going to happen.  

If you respond tonight, it could get ugly.  Maybe Dad had his head up his ass and just wasn't thinking logically, but a reasonable person will understand.  Either way, sleep on it before you respond.  

I really hope you have a better week.

Lol! You rock!

I agree - I can not be trusted to respond tonight!!!!!

I actually feel better that others find it as rude and bizarre as I do!!!!!!
Borne_Wonky
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It's hard telling kids no, but as a parent, that is what she has to do... I agree with the other ladies. Take a step back from the computer, do some relaxing activity and then tell the parents, "Sorry! Only have enough for X kids."

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  That parent has big cojones! :/

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Quoting Kmakksmom:

Wow.  That parent has big cojones! :/

He did it when we had the boy over for a playdate too, but I wasn't as bothered by that...

Glad I'm not thr only one who finds this unacceptable.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I would never expect another child to be added to an invite. 

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

So why did the mother take it upon herself to just invite her other kid that was obviously not on the list of the evite?  That's rude.  does she plan on just dropping them off and leaving?  Does she think she can get a free babysitter out of this or something?  that's what it sounds like to me.

sorry too many questions but I would be upset too.

MomofBoys838
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Oh, yeah, that was definitely wrong for the parent to 'invite' the siblings of the one who was actually invited.  I am sure you will find a way to stick to your guns about this.  Like the other ladies said....tomorrow is best.

That irks me about people assuming that all siblings are invited...how else will children learn that they can't always do the same things as their siblings.  Also something that drives me crazy are those who don't RSVP...

Good luck Momma!

ladybugMarie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)