Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Feeling lonely even though I am not alone

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM
  • 20 Replies

My husband is off work for the week after a minor operation Tues. (yesterday)  He feels good but has to take everything easy.  I chatted on here before how I hate the fact he watched sooooo much TV.   Well, today he got up at 10 and has been watching TV non stop and it's now 9:47 PM.  good God!!!  I want to be with him but chatting happens during a commercial or if we make a comment about the show.  Yes, I love him but I want to spend time doing something together not watching the TV.  Nothing I say works,  (and I say it without being a nag)   He just says , this is what I like to do. I like you here with me too.  so I came here to vent...Thanks

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stressedmama24
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Wow me and u are in the same boat! :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Ugh,I don't blame you for being upset. I hate the noise of a tv on all day.

sjump25
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:47 AM
That's suck :/ I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell him it's your turn to pick the show then watch lifetime or something. Works for me- he immediately loses interest lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisahappymom
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Wow, that's a lot of TV!  I wonder if he's doing it because he's recovering and doesn't have a lot of energy?  Though, regardless, since it's interfering with your connection with him, maybe you could suggest alternative activities together?  Is there housework that needs doing?  Would you like to cook dinner together?  Do you want to go for a walk?  He might not know what else to do so litle (or big) hints could help.  Good luck! 

kimsardo
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Yes, that can be lonely or rather it's boring for you. I'd let him watch tv and watch with him when I wanted to be with him.

highfive316
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I'm sorry my problem is just the opposit. My husband works all day then comes home and works i never get to spend time with him because of this. Also I have three children 14,11 and 2. So if I could just get 10 minutes with him a day I would be happy.

lipsis
by Jan on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM

My husband's away a lot. We skype with our webcams. I can tell when he's watching hulu on his other monitor. Then when I point it out, he'll blow kisses and say he loves me and misses me and then I watch as his gaze slowly shifts back to that monitor.

KatyaLS
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM

It sounds like he's in a rut. You may need to use some psyckology here.  I would make a big deal out of something small which requires his involvement. For instance, say you need a hand in the kitchen...maybe an appliance is not working properly. While he's helping, say you'd like to invite friends over for coffee/wine and dessert later on 'or' offer to go on a walk to get some fresh air. While you're walking, line up your next 'together time' for the following night. Best of luck! 

amlucas2011
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 6:21 PM

dd u notice that when yall were dating? have to talked to him about it? it sound horrible. i have been with my husband but felt lonely plenty times. do he spend time with the kids. be thankful he watchin tv and not cheating. :) but yall should really talk or u should record him for a day and show him hes losing u to the tv

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN