Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Water Baptism

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:09 AM
  • 12 Replies

My youngest asked to be baptized. In our family, our children must have demonstrated that not only have they asked Jesus in their hearts, but that they understand what following Jesus in water baptism means.  She was able to do that. Her baptism was yesterday.  

Here is a picture of her afterwards.......so sweet.

For her testimony she said "My name is Jenny. I love Jesus. He lives in my heart and He is the best thing that ever happened to me". She came up with all that on her own.  It was so sweet and precious.

ETA: Her Daddy being a licensed minister did the baptism, which made it really special.

I will add the video in a bit.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gwebkeijmmm
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this
How sweet!
My six year old and 7 year old got saved a few weeks ago. It just warms your heart! They are already talking about baptism but since it isn't necessary, I'm having them wait just a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Thelmama
by Thelma on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Yes, it isn't necessary.  Waiting is fine too.  She has been asking for some time, but we weren't sure she understood until a few weeks ago.  

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

How sweet!
My six year old and 7 year old got saved a few weeks ago. It just warms your heart! They are already talking about baptism but since it isn't necessary, I'm having them wait just a bit.

gwebkeijmmm
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:22 AM
I think it's great. My oldest was baptized at 5. We are just worried that Izzy will end up freaking out when he actually gets in front of everyone (he has autism and doesn't like crowds paying attention to him). And if course with them, if one does it, the other has to. I love this she though, they ares do eager to learn and ask question after question, things I would never even think of. It's neat to experience the excitement through them, kind of wakes you up spiritually, ya know?

Quoting Thelmama:

Yes, it isn't necessary.  Waiting is fine too.  She has been asking for some time, but we weren't sure she understood until a few weeks ago.  

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

How sweet!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I completely understand. Our oldest was older than the girls when he had his done. We chose to wait with him until he was older because he has sensory issues.  He was truly ready when it happened.  He thought he was ready before, but we knew he wasn't because he wouldn't get his face under water in a pool when playing in a pool. 

Yes it does wake you up, child like faith is so beautiful.

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

I think it's great. My oldest was baptized at 5. We are just worried that Izzy will end up freaking out when he actually gets in front of everyone (he has autism and doesn't like crowds paying attention to him). And if course with them, if one does it, the other has to. I love this she though, they ares do eager to learn and ask question after question, things I would never even think of. It's neat to experience the excitement through them, kind of wakes you up spiritually, ya know?

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

How sweet!

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this

aww too sweet.  her little voice made me smile too lol

Thelmama
by Thelma on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Thank you.  :o)

Quoting hayliedlr:

aww too sweet.  her little voice made me smile too lol

anotherandree
by Inga on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

It's great that she understood.  Our 7 year old really understood and was able to be baptized, but our 9 year old just still does not quite "get it," if you know what I mean.  Congrats!

sjump25
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Very sweet :)

Thelmama
by Thelma on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Yes, each child comprehends at different ages.  

Quoting anotherandree:

It's great that she understood.  Our 7 year old really understood and was able to be baptized, but our 9 year old just still does not quite "get it," if you know what I mean.  Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN