Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Ok, I have a confession....I am a Christmas addict.  I love everything about it!  The decorations, the smells, the lights, the food....oh, the food!  Christmas just rocks.  Seriously.

Thankfully, I married my true match in life who adores the holidays just as much as I do.  Yesterday I got him to come to Hobby Lobby with me by telling him that they just might have the holiday stuff out.  Hook, line and sinker!  They totally did, too!  I should be ashamed to say that we got new stockings and a few new decorations, but I'm not. 

After we got home, my husband said that he feels like pulling the tree down and setting things up now....  And for a slight moment, I kinda agreed.  Then reality hit and I realized that we would look like the psychos on the block with the 12 foot tall Rudolph in the yard while the kids are Trick or Treating.  Yeah....we can't be those people.  Not this early anyway.  So we made a plan to put the tree up November 1st. 

So, when do y'all put your decorations up?

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Replies (21-26):
Thelmama
by Thelma on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I love Christmas too.  I try to get ours up the week after thanksgiving.

lapcounter
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:02 PM
I put all our.Christmas stuff out on Thanksgiving night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
salamandersmom
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Usually the day after Thanksgiving.  I try to start baking right after Halloween, though... and hiding the goodies in a box in the bottom of the freezer, so my people don't eat every darn thing before Christmas week. 

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I can't wait for Oct 1st to decorate for halloween.  I do love Christmas.  that is my fave holiday, we start decorating the day after thanksgiving.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Christmas takes to much out of me!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Sep. 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM

LOL!!!!  I LOVE Christmas.  It's my favorite holiday too.  It's the only holiday that we have tons of decorations for.  If it was up to me we'd have tons of decorations for every holiday, but Leigh likes Christmas the most and we don't have a lot of room to store decorations, so...

We usually put up our decorations in the first half of November, and get our tree the first week in December.  For the past 3 years we have gotten real trees.  For the first 10 years we had a fake tree.  Nooo more!  I love the smell of real ones.  Every year growing up we had real trees.  Every year when Leigh grew up he had fake ones.

This year will be different if the kids aren't home though.  I don't know if we will be much into decorating or celebrating. :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN