Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

should i be mad or what?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  • 19 Replies

just a few seconds ago my husband just called me his ex name and i looked at him and said what? the only thing he could say is she must be talking about me. all i said was wow and walked out the bedroom. should i be mad? ladys because i am upset and 4 months pregnant with our second child.

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the4mutts
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Unless it was durring sex, then try to let it go. I've called my kids by my dogs name. It happens. When you're tired, or see an action resembling another action you've seen before, your mouth spouts off faster than it should.
I know it hurts your feelings, but I'm sure he didn't mean it.
Like I said, unless it was durring sex, then be pissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I don't think I would be mad if it was an accident, the brain works in unusual ways sometimes.  I would probably give him a hard time about it though.

juniebug11
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM
If I was 4 months pregnant when he said that... You better be hiding the knives ! Lol
anotherandree
by Inga on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I would not be angry, I mess my own kids names up all the time when my brain is not firing on all cylinders.  Feel free to tease him relentlessly, though! :)

renee2008358
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM

but ladies he im not his child. im his wife. and first he said her town where she live at which is joliet then going to call me her name. so in my mind im thinking o.k he must be thinking about her.

the4mutts
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Well, who says they were good thoughts, even if he was? You can't tell the man what to think.
Wife, child, it doesn't matter. We forget stuff, we brain fart, we speak before we think. Its human.
Btw, I've also called my SO every one of my kids' names, including the girls. I've called him "dad" accidently, and once I called him my ex husbands name. I get dirty looks for it, but he never gets mad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:17 AM

I wouldn't be upset. Sometimes your brain just freezes and you call people the wrong name.  It happens.  

Thelmama
by Thelma on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:21 AM

He could have thought of her. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you.  I wrote my maiden name on a check recently, just out of the blue.  I have been married for almost 13 years. The brain is a funny thing, it really can have those moments it needs to reboot.  Don't read too much into it. I also told the UPS man the other day this was not my current address but another address.....he looked at me as you would expect. Then I said forgive me, I have not had enough coffee yet, he laughed.  I haven't lived at the old address in 2 years! I  was thinking one thing and anothr thing came out. Relax, pregnancy hormones can make you read way more into stuff than you need to. It's okay.

Quoting renee2008358:

but ladies he im not his child. im his wife. and first he said her town where she live at which is joliet then going to call me her name. so in my mind im thinking o.k he must be thinking about her.

l.e.v
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:25 AM
there've been a few times when im thinking about how much i really hate my ex and then dh asks me a question and i blurt out my ex's name with the irritated answer... unless it was during sex, i wouldnt get too upset
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merryvoice
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:39 AM

This exactly. I'm glad to know I'm not to only one who gets names mixed up! I always feel so stupid. 

Quoting the4mutts:

Unless it was durring sex, then try to let it go. I've called my kids by my dogs name. It happens. When you're tired, or see an action resembling another action you've seen before, your mouth spouts off faster than it should.
I know it hurts your feelings, but I'm sure he didn't mean it.
Like I said, unless it was durring sex, then be pissed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN