Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Ask the Expert: Get advice from Macy's mBlog Interior Decorator!

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom is excited to welcome Lancy Boyd of Macy's mBlog to The Lounge! He'll be taking your interior design and decorating questions until October 17th. 

Lance is an Interior Designer and Decorator with over twenty years of experience, Lance Boyd brings a glamorous sense of style and a hint of wit to all of his projects. His popular web log, TheStyleHound.com, chronicles his search around the globe for the latest home innovations and style solutions. Among his many clients are House Beautiful, O magazine and Martha Stewart just to name a few. 

Want a little help sprucing up your home? Ask your questions here! We'll post Lance's answers on 10/29. One mom who asks a question will win a $20 gift card to Macy's!

Giveaway rules:

• The Interior Design Expert giveaway starts 9/30/12 at 11pm (ET) and ends 10/17//2012 at noon (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $20 gift card to Macy's.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/19/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Replies (51-60):
KristinRox
by Kristin on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

My children have a wii, and other video gaming stuff. Is there a nice, classy way to store this kind of stuff in the living room without it look like a bunch of remotes, wires, and dance mats? 

Madelaine
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM

What are some inexpensive window treatments that are in style this year?

jessicasmom1
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I like his style, I need to declutter my space 

Samanthamommy
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Fantastic! What is the best way to disguise ugly tile floors when the funds are not available to get them replaced?

Wish2Be
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM

What kind of seating would you suggest is necessary for 2 adults and a toddler for the living room?

I have a three seater couch, but it doesnt seem to be enough...and I dont know if getting  a bigger couch would make it too crowded.

rleer4
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM
What's the best way to keep a small living room clutter free? We like to relax and read magazines while watching tv, so the paper piles tend to start stacking up in unsightly piles. What do you suggest?
DestineyBGP
by New Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I need so much help! We are moving into an outdated home in a few weeks and his parents were going to help us look for a house... well they bought one ... It's about 30,000 over our budget and they are eating the rest of the 30,000 which is nice of them but just still so upsetting to me  that they purchased it although we told them we did not want this house we had others in mind in our budget we really liked.... I thought ok you know it has good bones with a little paint and some laminate flooring we are good to go... so here is where the issue comes in they won't let me take out the multicolored brown carpet or paint... yeah so I got cool things for the wall from Dezign with a Z and bought an area rug I just don't know what to do to make it look ok! I painted my furniture to add color ... oh the wost part is the yard :/ All rocks! no lawn ... kinda wonder were the dogs are going to go :/ Have fun playing in the sharp rocks kids! WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS SPACE ... sorry that was more of a vent wasn't it?

Ok so for those who think I am being a complete brat, let explain something the house will be in our name, We will be paying the mortgage when we refinance but unless I want to start war I can't make changes because his parents "who did do a really nice thing even though we just asked them to help us look" are control freaks.

DestineyBGP
by New Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I am not a designer by any means but I was looking at BrylaneHome Peel-And-Stick Wood-Look Plank Flooring on Amazon today :) worth a look!

Quoting Samanthamommy:

Fantastic! What is the best way to disguise ugly tile floors when the funds are not available to get them replaced?

Samanthamommy
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 12:37 PM

It would still be about $2500 for us to do that, a lot of house to cover. :/

Thanks though!

Quoting DestineyBGP:

I am not a designer by any means but I was looking at BrylaneHome Peel-And-Stick Wood-Look Plank Flooring on Amazon today :) worth a look!

Quoting Samanthamommy:

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Quoting isell_avon:

how can i make the best out of a small kitchen and living room? 

I have a smaller kitchen as well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)