Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ask the Expert: Get advice from Macy's mBlog Interior Decorator!

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom is excited to welcome Lancy Boyd of Macy's mBlog to The Lounge! He'll be taking your interior design and decorating questions until October 17th. 

Lance is an Interior Designer and Decorator with over twenty years of experience, Lance Boyd brings a glamorous sense of style and a hint of wit to all of his projects. His popular web log, TheStyleHound.com, chronicles his search around the globe for the latest home innovations and style solutions. Among his many clients are House Beautiful, O magazine and Martha Stewart just to name a few. 

Want a little help sprucing up your home? Ask your questions here! We'll post Lance's answers on 10/29. One mom who asks a question will win a $20 gift card to Macy's!

Giveaway rules:

• The Interior Design Expert giveaway starts 9/30/12 at 11pm (ET) and ends 10/17//2012 at noon (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $20 gift card to Macy's.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/19/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
MommyOfBlues
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:26 PM

What's the best color for a bedroom set in fall to bring out a chocolate wall?

gmasboy
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I rent, the family room is 600 sq ft of open paneled walls... deep brown...
I can paint if I want, but don't know if painting over panel is a good thing...
I would like to go cream or very light tan..
what would you recommend with panel walls..?

livn4hevn
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I have a set of frames that looked great in a gallery in my old house, but my new house has 2 story vaulted cielings that the gallery looks small and odd on every wall I've tried. I'd love to get these photos up...should I add to the gallery and make it larger? Or pick a different room? The walls in this living room are completely bare because I have NO IDEA what to do with such large wall space!

vinalex0581
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:35 AM

How can I organize my house without throwing anything away?

The things that my SO and I have are important paperwork and items that we just can't throw away.

But I want to be able to keep things neat and organized because right now, the way things are, it's pretty cluttered.

The problem is we don't have much money.

So how can we live in a clutter free house without spending an arm and a leg?

vinalex0581
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM

The things that my SO and I have are important paperwork and items that we just can't throw away.

But I want to be able to keep things neat and organized because right now, the way things are, it's pretty cluttered.

vinalex0581

vinalex0581

vinalex0581
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:37 AM

vinalex0581

vinalex0581

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)