Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Ask the Expert: Get advice from Macy's mBlog Interior Decorator!

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom is excited to welcome Lancy Boyd of Macy's mBlog to The Lounge! He'll be taking your interior design and decorating questions until October 17th. 

Lance is an Interior Designer and Decorator with over twenty years of experience, Lance Boyd brings a glamorous sense of style and a hint of wit to all of his projects. His popular web log, TheStyleHound.com, chronicles his search around the globe for the latest home innovations and style solutions. Among his many clients are House Beautiful, O magazine and Martha Stewart just to name a few. 

Want a little help sprucing up your home? Ask your questions here! We'll post Lance's answers on 10/29. One mom who asks a question will win a $20 gift card to Macy's!

Giveaway rules:

• The Interior Design Expert giveaway starts 9/30/12 at 11pm (ET) and ends 10/17//2012 at noon (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $20 gift card to Macy's.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/19/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Replies (31-40):
MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM

What is the one area that is the hardest to decorate?

momkaribg
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I have very small closets. What is the best way to not make them look so crowded.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM
I am a big fan of dark colors also.

Quoting tasheika:

I need to redo my whole apartment how can i jazz it up with out making it 2 dark or bright cause i love dark colors and i dont want it 2 be to dark in here?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM
I wanna know about my kitchen

Quoting isell_avon:

how can i make the best out of a small kitchen and living room? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM
I have very little storage room. I have a bathroom closet but no other linen closet so I have no place to store vacuum cleaner or extra bed sheets and blankets. Any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Also I have a laundry closet in my hall. Only enough room for washer and dryer and my clothes baskets are stuck in the hall. When I have company I put them.on the dryer but do you have a more permanent idea?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bob192
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

We have a large family in a small house.  Do you have any ideas for additional storage that look nice?

Bob192
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM

We have a large family (7) and we do not all fit around our dinning room table.  Do you have any suggestions for a table that would be large enough to hold us all or a creative way to seat everyone?

Bob192
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Do you have any suggestions for a kid friendly entertainment center or other suggestions for storing media and electronics?

dusky_rose
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:16 PM

What are some nice ways to add a fall touch to your home without going over budget?

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN