Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Ask the Expert: Get advice from Macy's mBlog Interior Decorator!

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom is excited to welcome Lancy Boyd of Macy's mBlog to The Lounge! He'll be taking your interior design and decorating questions until October 17th. 

Lance is an Interior Designer and Decorator with over twenty years of experience, Lance Boyd brings a glamorous sense of style and a hint of wit to all of his projects. His popular web log, TheStyleHound.com, chronicles his search around the globe for the latest home innovations and style solutions. Among his many clients are House Beautiful, O magazine and Martha Stewart just to name a few. 

Want a little help sprucing up your home? Ask your questions here! We'll post Lance's answers on 10/29. One mom who asks a question will win a $20 gift card to Macy's!

Giveaway rules:

• The Interior Design Expert giveaway starts 9/30/12 at 11pm (ET) and ends 10/17//2012 at noon (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $20 gift card to Macy's.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/19/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
saraface5383
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM

How can I brighten a dark colored room??

slw123
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM

We have a huge wall in our living room, that our tv is on.  I would love to get rid of the giant entertainment center, but without it the wall will swallow up our tv.  How can I make this work?

Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:52 PM
We want to paint our living room. What color goes best with dark brown and olive green?
Wish2Be
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Hi Lance !

I am sort of stuck. I dont want to repaint an entire room and it seemed like a good idea when we did it, but I hate it. LOL.

Its a country blue color. We were going for sky blu, but it didnt work out that way. Problem is we are not country and we dont like country style. Its time to spruce this room up for a big boy room and I was wondering if there was any way to modernize it without actually repainting? :)

Wish2Be
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I have a tiny kitchen. What are some tips for getting the most out of my kitchen space so that I enjoy cooking again?

I like this question and I have the same problem ! :)

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Quoting .Angelica.:

what are some good tips for arranging family pictures around the house?

I saw an idea once on Pinterest that says to cut out paper in the shape of the frame sizes and tape them to the wall in the place you want to put your pictures. It makes it easier to put them where you want without having all those holes in the wall ! :)

CafeMom Tickers
mrswillie
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:37 AM

How can I stay organized when I have teens?

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:55 AM

What's your best advice for decorating a small space?

natesmom1228
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I have no basement or attic space, what can I do for storage?

KristinRox
by Kristin on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Id love to know about a small kitchen as well. Mine is tiny. 

Quoting isell_avon:

how can i make the best out of a small kitchen and living room? 

JOIN US ON:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN