Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I silently judge women who never even try to breastfeed. Sfag

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this

I took this from another group
why wouldnt you at least try? at least for 6 weeks? if you cant ok but why not try?

This is how I used to feel. For a long time actually. If you are perfectly capable of breastfeeding then why not give it a shot? I know personally I loved (still do) nursing my babies. It was hard at first but the rewards were so worth it. But I had to realise, not every mom is me. Some women don't enjoy it. The thought of having a kid attached to them all day is their idea of hell. And if that's the case then bottle feeding is really their best bet. Yeah it's harder in the long run but if it makes motherhood more enjoyable, then more power to you :-)

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsImperfect
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Some women are uncomfortable with it. They relate that to sex and it weirds them out. Which is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

They don't know if they are perfectly capable of doing it if they don't try. Alot of women just don't want to, and that's the only reason necessary. Everyone has their reasons for doing what they do. As long as it's not in my way, I don't really care.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

It is. As long as they have all the information and make an informed choice, I think it's fine.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Some women are uncomfortable with it. They relate that to sex and it weirds them out. Which is ok.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Most women are. But true, you'll never know for sure if you don't try.

Quoting EireLass:

They don't know if they are perfectly capable of doing it if they don't try. Alot of women just don't want to, and that's the only reason necessary. Everyone has their reasons for doing what they do. As long as it's not in my way, I don't really care.

Aubie1229
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this
There are a lot of medical reasons that make it impossible to breastfeed. Without knowing this you might be judging those people quite unfairly

-------------------------------------------------------------

My Husband and I created an iPhone app! Turn your family pictures into a baby rattle! Baby Faces Rattle in the app store.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I feel pretty good about my decision to judge.

Quoting Aubie1229:

There are a lot of medical reasons that make it impossible to breastfeed. Without knowing this you might be judging those people quite unfairly

EireLass
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Unfortunately, babies are not the center of life for alot of mothers.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Eh, that's not always a bad thing.

Quoting EireLass:

EireLass
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:21 PM

2 come to mind right now. Both were 'accidents'. Neither parent was/is married. Both babies were kept for the wrong reason....to 'keep the boyfriend'. One it didn't work, and I'm not so sure on the other. One Mom is a drug addict, the other really doesn't have alot of interaction with the baby. So they're both bottle babies.

Quoting paganbaby:

Eh, that's not always a bad thing.

Quoting EireLass:

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Personally (please note that I am prefacing that!), I can't imagine having a child and not bfing...

It was something I was committed to and something that THANKFULLY, the obstacles I was given were not too big to get in the way of our success.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)