Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I silently judge women who never even try to breastfeed. Sfag

Posted by   + Show Post

I took this from another group
why wouldnt you at least try? at least for 6 weeks? if you cant ok but why not try?

This is how I used to feel. For a long time actually. If you are perfectly capable of breastfeeding then why not give it a shot? I know personally I loved (still do) nursing my babies. It was hard at first but the rewards were so worth it. But I had to realise, not every mom is me. Some women don't enjoy it. The thought of having a kid attached to them all day is their idea of hell. And if that's the case then bottle feeding is really their best bet. Yeah it's harder in the long run but if it makes motherhood more enjoyable, then more power to you :-)

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Replies (51-60):
Megan11587
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I know. I didnt mean to come across as rude (toward you). Remembering that original post riled me up again, sorry lol

Quoting paganbaby:

Good for you?

Anyways, this post isn't about how you feel about being judged, but rather me sharing the fact that I no longer judge.

Quoting Megan11587:

I had several reasons, but quite frankly it's noones business but mine and my husbands, and I dont care what anyone else thinks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM

5 hours of solid sleep??

I don't think I get that now,lol!

Are you planning on having more?

Quoting i.m.r.:

Yeah, it was nice being able to take turns feeding her :) especially that first 5 hours of sleep. Lol. Maybe if we have another it won't be such a struggle to bf. Who knows? I'm the only woman in my family who couldn't succesfully do it sadly.

Quoting paganbaby:

You know what? You tried. I know so many women who never gave it a shot and ended up regretting it. So what if breastfeeding didn't work out. Did you enjoy your baby anyways? Did you enjoy it when someone else fed baby and you got to take a nice hot shower or nap? See there's perks on both sides. I wouldn't even worry about it :-)

Quoting i.m.r.:

Yeah, I tried this too, I could never get it to work properly sadly. Weird shaped body I guess... It sucked. Plus the tools they gave me at the hospital for this didn't look as easy as these do. Just a syringe and a tube with tape... I wish it had worked.

Quoting paganbaby:

It's a Supplemental Nursing System. It looks like this or this. You put breast milk or formula in it, (I didn't have enough breast milk so formula it was,lol) First you latch the baby on then you slide the tube in their mouth. While they nurse and get what breast milk you do have, they get the supplement at the same time. It's a good compromise and it helps build your supply at the same time.

Quoting Laylas-momma:

What's an SNS, if I may ask?

Quoting paganbaby:

That sucks :-(

I didn't produce enough milk with my dd too. I ened up using formula and a SNS for about 3 months. It was a pain! But in the end we made it :-)

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

I tried breast feeding, but was unable to produce enough milk so after 3-4 weeks of trying I was advised that formula feeding was what I needed to do.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Oh shoot! I totally forgot that I stole this from someone who really felt that wayembarrassedNo worries mama. Women like can kiss both of our asses ;-)

Quoting Megan11587:

I know. I didnt mean to come across as rude (toward you). Remembering that original post riled me up again, sorry lol

Quoting paganbaby:

Good for you?

Anyways, this post isn't about how you feel about being judged, but rather me sharing the fact that I no longer judge.

Quoting Megan11587:

I had several reasons, but quite frankly it's noones business but mine and my husbands, and I dont care what anyone else thinks.

Sunshine257
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I couldn't bf because I was put
On medication when my son was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Cute!

This is how you'd find me most days,lol

Quoting EireLass:

That just made me think of my sister. She had twins. When they were tiny she could breastfeed (holding them) at the same time, and she always looked like she was holding footballs. haha

Quoting paganbaby:

I know what you mean. There were some days when I was like, "If I have one more kid attach themselves to one more part of my body, I'm going to scream!!"

I tandem nursed for 3 years,lol. It's not for everybody.

Quoting sjump25:

I tried with my son, but I was so uneducated and didn't have a very good support system so I quit after 7 days.  I made it to 3 months with my daughter, but I was one of those moms that just didn't enjoy having a baby attached to my boob all the time.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Quoting Sunshine257:

I couldn't bf because I was put
On medication when my son was born.

i.m.r.
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Dd sleeps through the night and has since she was about 4 months? So we get a decent nights sleep regularly, thankfully lol. And as of now we're not planning on anymore. Df is 27 (I'm 24) and he doesn't really want kids into his 30's. I just don't think in the next three years I'll be ready to have another one yet. We're trying to get on our feet financially (pay off debt) and save for a wedding so idk. We're leaving the option open for now, but as of this moment it's not in the cards lol.

Quoting paganbaby:

5 hours of solid sleep??

I don't think I get that now,lol!

Are you planning on having more?

Quoting i.m.r.:

Yeah, it was nice being able to take turns feeding her :) especially that first 5 hours of sleep. Lol. Maybe if we have another it won't be such a struggle to bf. Who knows? I'm the only woman in my family who couldn't succesfully do it sadly.

Quoting paganbaby:

You know what? You tried. I know so many women who never gave it a shot and ended up regretting it. So what if breastfeeding didn't work out. Did you enjoy your baby anyways? Did you enjoy it when someone else fed baby and you got to take a nice hot shower or nap? See there's perks on both sides. I wouldn't even worry about it :-)

Quoting i.m.r.:

Yeah, I tried this too, I could never get it to work properly sadly. Weird shaped body I guess... It sucked. Plus the tools they gave me at the hospital for this didn't look as easy as these do. Just a syringe and a tube with tape... I wish it had worked.

Quoting paganbaby:

It's a Supplemental Nursing System. It looks like this or this. You put breast milk or formula in it, (I didn't have enough breast milk so formula it was,lol) First you latch the baby on then you slide the tube in their mouth. While they nurse and get what breast milk you do have, they get the supplement at the same time. It's a good compromise and it helps build your supply at the same time.

Quoting Laylas-momma:

What's an SNS, if I may ask?

Quoting paganbaby:

I didn't produce enough milk with my dd too. I ened up using formula and a SNS for about 3 months. It was a pain! But in the end we made it :-)

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

I tried breast feeding, but was unable to produce enough milk so after 3-4 weeks of trying I was advised that formula feeding was what I needed to do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

It is no one's business but that person so why worry about it is my theory!

Lizardannie1966
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Breast-feeding is still a matter of choice and while it's one I support (and hope my daughter's and future DIL will choose to bf),  I also support the right to make this decision for yourself.

megarasflight
by New Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been considering lately that perhaps "judging" has value.Roughly, my idea is formulated thusly, we all judge, all the time. It seems as though forming opinions on the external world is a way of learning, kind of like a rudimentary epistemology. I believe the problem with judging arises when we are uncritical of our assumptions or worse, when we try to impose our judgements upon others.

Silently judging seems nothing more than being critical without being actively proscriptive, which to me seems an unavoidable response to being alive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)