Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I silently judge women who never even try to breastfeed. Sfag

Posted by   + Show Post

I took this from another group
why wouldnt you at least try? at least for 6 weeks? if you cant ok but why not try?

This is how I used to feel. For a long time actually. If you are perfectly capable of breastfeeding then why not give it a shot? I know personally I loved (still do) nursing my babies. It was hard at first but the rewards were so worth it. But I had to realise, not every mom is me. Some women don't enjoy it. The thought of having a kid attached to them all day is their idea of hell. And if that's the case then bottle feeding is really their best bet. Yeah it's harder in the long run but if it makes motherhood more enjoyable, then more power to you :-)

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Replies (61-68):
masonmomma
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I disagree that it is ok. Women are so overly sexualized these days by everyone and its not ok. It starts with women to change that and see past their boobs/their bodies as only good if it is for only sexual purposes. Ill high five a woman for having the balls to admit that's why they didn't breastfeed, but then ill probably debate with them lol.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Some women are uncomfortable with it. They relate that to sex and it weirds them out. Which is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megarasflight
by New Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Whoa, dude I'm nerding out!
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I like that...

Quoting megarasflight:

I've been considering lately that perhaps "judging" has value.Roughly, my idea is formulated thusly, we all judge, all the time. It seems as though forming opinions on the external world is a way of learning, kind of like a rudimentary epistemology. I believe the problem with judging arises when we are uncritical of our assumptions or worse, when we try to impose our judgements upon others.

Silently judging seems nothing more than being critical without being actively proscriptive, which to me seems an unavoidable response to being alive.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

MrsImperfect
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM
You will never be able to change the way people think, feel or see things. So if they feel something is strange or weird and their not comfortable with it thats absolutely ok. As long as the child is eating and they arent starving it.

Quoting masonmomma:

I disagree that it is ok. Women are so overly sexualized these days by everyone and its not ok. It starts with women to change that and see past their boobs/their bodies as only good if it is for only sexual purposes. Ill high five a woman for having the balls to admit that's why they didn't breastfeed, but then ill probably debate with them lol.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Some women are uncomfortable with it. They relate that to sex and it weirds them out. Which is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tjane3000
by New Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I think as moms we should NEVER judge women for what they decide to do with their children, unless its life threatening of course. If anyone every made you feel less adequate just because you made a different parenting choice wouldn't you be completely devestated? I think that moms need to stick together and support eachother. Some women don't enjoy it or can't, leave it alone. Formula these days has just about the same crap in it! lol I bf my son for about 2wks and i did enjoy it, but i couldn't do it physically anymore and when i decided to supplement i cried everyday because i thought i was a bad mother. I thought that because of judgy moms who weren't in my shoes! Well guess what my son is big, healthy, walked at 9mo and is as smart as a whistle! 

masonmomma
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You can never changed the way ALL people think, but you can damn sure change enough to make a huge difference. They only feel its strange because of the ideas others have planted in their heads. Its sexual only because we allow other to sexualize it. Ill give physically uncomfortable. *shrugs* im not bashing, just saying.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

You will never be able to change the way people think, feel or see things. So if they feel something is strange or weird and their not comfortable with it thats absolutely ok. As long as the child is eating and they arent starving it.

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM
I know what you mean. I thought it was sexual until I did it with my daughter. I didnt see it as that afterwards. I just dont think some people are mentally strong enough to get past certain things. And thats fine....for them. Not everyone is strong willed. I guess I just accept the world for what it is. You can only change yourself and hope people follow. :-)

Quoting masonmomma:

You can never changed the way ALL people think, but you can damn sure change enough to make a huge difference. They only feel its strange because of the ideas others have planted in their heads. Its sexual only because we allow other to sexualize it. Ill give physically uncomfortable. *shrugs* im not bashing, just saying.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
g0dd3ss2012
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I felt the same when I decided to bf my son.I read and heard all the benefits and thought it would be an awesome exprience,but I kept thinking in the back of my head how am I gonna train my mind..well no need I guess nature knows the difference and I nursed until his first birthday when he started sippy cups and cows milk. However I did have people say "I don't know how you do it". or "Thats gross". My reply is always "I am me and you are you.What works for me doesn't have to work for you." I loved the experience and always recommend it at least b tried,but if not thats fine too.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

I know what you mean. I thought it was sexual until I did it with my daughter. I didnt see it as that afterwards. I just dont think some people are mentally strong enough to get past certain things. And thats fine....for them. Not everyone is strong willed. I guess I just accept the world for what it is. You can only change yourself and hope people follow. :-)

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)