Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

coworkers wedding... Do I have to go???

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM
  • 11 Replies

DH and I were invited to his coworkers wedding. The bride and groom actually both work with my husband. I don't want to go. I don't know anybody there, I don't have anything to wear. More importantly I don't feel as if I have to go. My husband doesn't seem to mind. He actually laid the ground work for me not having to go. My question is, Is it wrong if I don't go? Am I not honoring my wifely duties by not attending with him? He does not seem to be bothered at all about the idea of me not going. I suppose I'm feeling a little guilty..

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM

If you don't want to go than you don't have to.

madcat500
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM

no at my wedding on coworkes came

KKmommy3
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM

If he RSVP'd that you are going, you should go.  I think I would suck it up and go.  I have been in the same position and did not want to go before, but I did anyway, and My DH always thanks me and tells me how much he appreciates it when I do those things for him.  Besides, you might actually have a little bit of fun while you're there.  Or you can leave early if you are really that uncomfortable being there.

Texascandee
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

One of my husbands good friends got married and I didn't go.  The only people I would know is my husband and his co worker.............I didn't even know the woman he was going to marry.  My husband went alone

salamandersmom
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, no, you don't have to go.  I smile.  Imagine a girl who still thinks of things in terms of "wifely duties"!  I use that term, too.  I don't think that this is ever spelled out in the "wife" handbook, or in the bible.  But, on the other hand, going with him presents a united front.  That is, imagine there is some girl at work who has the hots for your hubby.  Not saying there IS, but just imagine.  If you don't go to this wedding, she sees that you don't go, and imagines there are marital troubles, and maybe she thinks she could lure him away.  And, the added thing is that you say you don't know hubby's co-workers.  This is an ideal time to meet them in a social situation.  Make new friends, have some fun.  Come on...  how often do you get a chance to go out, and not have to pay for a meal?  It could be fun.  Give it a try!!

mom2priceboys
by Julie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:34 PM

isn't this a great reason to go get a new dress. It can double for all the holdiay stuff you have coming up as well!!Anyway, it's  food you didn't have to cook, music and time away from the kids. PLUS, it looks good for your hubby that you attend "work" functions!! I say go and have fun!!

kimsardo
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Of course you don't have to go, no matter what the circumstances. In this case the reason you'd be going is for you husband. He doesn't mind so you don't even have to worry about it.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:49 AM
If you didn't already RSVP yes, then no you don't have to go.

For me, I'd think of it as a date night and go have done fun, but if you did not already RSVP, then you are under no obligation.
Aurorasmom
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM

im going to disagree and be the stick in the mud and say you really should go.  im not going to say you HAVE to because, well, you dont ever HAVE to do anything...but i think its something you should give a lot of thought to.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:30 AM
I don't blame you for not wanting to go,I wouldn't want to either,if your hubby doesn't mind,and you can change the rsvp,then don't go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN