Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

So I have done P90X for 2 1/2 weeks now. Some cool results so far...

~ I have lost 3 solid pounds.

~ My time of the month is usually extremely painful and heavy. I started on Sunday and have felt amazing. Usually spend one whole day curled in a ball with a heating pad and a bottle of aleve next to me, but I have felt awesome!

~ My blood pressure has lowered. Usually at 112/82, just checked yesterday and it was an amazing 99/69!

I hope the results just keep getting better! Saving for a treadmill to start to run. =]

Anyone have some weight loss stories, tips, tricks?

dancing

~peace~
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
sarasue719
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Wow! Well any help is loosing is welcomed i guess lol. Healthy any way. I have a hard time during in walls with the baby and my older child and i really want to"learn"to run. Lol my Christmas wish list is a treadmill!

Quoting kkkaaayyyy:

Great job! Your a better person and I am. I haven't been working out like I should but I did loose 30lbs after figuring out I had a Gluten Allergy. I do need to get out more and walk at least. Keep up the great work!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome! I am doing Insanity and in three weeks I have lost 11 pounds and over 6 inches.

mcginnisc
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Quoting megarasflight:

I did 'insanity' before becoming pregnant. I didn't finish it though! Boo! I can't wait to start again after baby arrives. "Yeah right!" I'm sure some are thinking, but I feel it's easier to work into my schedule than a trip to the gym.

I might try P90x this time instead. What are the differences? Anybody done both?

P90X- 90 day weight based program that requiresa pull up bar, 4 sets of weights ( at least), and/or resistance bands. There are 3 phases: Classic ( 3 days weights, 2 days cardio and 1 day Yoga), Lean (days cardio, 2 days weights and 1 day Yoga) and Doubles ( Classic and added workouts every week). It is easily modified as Tony Horton has someone showing the modifications throughout the program. It comes with 12 DVDs, a book, schedule and nutritional guide for $120. 

Insanity is a completely different type of program. It is full blast cardio, which you know since you've done part of it. It is MUCH faster and MUCH harder than P90X. 

I've done many BB programs, including the 2 above. I'm also a coach so feel free to ask me questions. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

sarasue719
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Ooh man, maybe i need to change to insanity! Wow, that's awesome! Keep that up girl!

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

That is awesome! I am doing Insanity and in three weeks I have lost 11 pounds and over 6 inches.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarasue719
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Ah, full blast cardio huh...i don't think I'm there yet! Maybe after p90x! I haven't worked out in a couple of years so this had been an adjustment and p90 is really hard for me a it is! Although, i feel like i can do just a little more, breath a little easier, and hold a little longer. So that's good, lol!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting megarasflight:

I did 'insanity' before becoming pregnant. I didn't finish it though! Boo! I can't wait to start again after baby arrives. "Yeah right!" I'm sure some are thinking, but I feel it's easier to work into my schedule than a trip to the gym.

I might try P90x this time instead. What are the differences? Anybody done both?

P90X- 90 day weight based program that requiresa pull up bar, 4 sets of weights ( at least), and/or resistance bands. There are 3 phases: Classic ( 3 days weights, 2 days cardio and 1 day Yoga), Lean (days cardio, 2 days weights and 1 day Yoga) and Doubles ( Classic and added workouts every week). It is easily modified as Tony Horton has someone showing the modifications throughout the program. It comes with 12 DVDs, a book, schedule and nutritional guide for $120. 

Insanity is a completely different type of program. It is full blast cardio, which you know since you've done part of it. It is MUCH faster and MUCH harder than P90X. 

I've done many BB programs, including the 2 above. I'm also a coach so feel free to ask me questions. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM

You can take breaks as needed with Insanity. Just try to make it through the warm-up without taking a break, but you can take breaks as needed after. I always do.

Quoting sarasue719:

Ah, full blast cardio huh...i don't think I'm there yet! Maybe after p90x! I haven't worked out in a couple of years so this had been an adjustment and p90 is really hard for me a it is! Although, i feel like i can do just a little more, breath a little easier, and hold a little longer. So that's good, lol!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting megarasflight:

dakotasmamma
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Pink method is a diet and workout regimen for woman that was put together but a woman. Look up their website. It promotes healthy eatin. I love it.

Quoting sarasue719:

Lol I'm not sure what pink method is?

Quoting dakotasmamma:

PINK Method has been amazing for me. I love it! Good job on your progress do far. And good luck'

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I've heard that's a really good program!  That and Insanity.  Keep up the good work, sounds like you are doing amazing :)

queencreekmom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM
I love P90x! The plyometrics kicks butt! That is awesome that you are having great results!
sarasue719
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Ooh yes plyometrics day i dread lol but i guess its doing its job!

Quoting queencreekmom:

I love P90x! The plyometrics kicks butt! That is awesome that you are having great results!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)