Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 4: Double Date!

Posted by   + Show Post

Sometimes the company of another couple really adds to the conversation and fun. Today's challenge is to go on a double date! You can go out to dinner or host a dinner party at your house!

Take a page from Kate Middleton with an inspired classic chic look for your double date. Check out these fashion staples and add them to your wardrobe!

What is your fashion style when you go out on a date? Do you have a particular outfit that you like to wear for special occasions?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
erienne06
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM
I dress up a little more. We usually go out during winter (birthday, anniversary, and Valentine's Day). I wear mostly sweater dresses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazzgirl205
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM

If we go out in the evening, I dress in a suit or twinset and pearls and dh wears a suit or dress pants and his silk sportcoat.  Our best couple friends dress sloppy (faded jeans and tshirts) everywhere they go.  At first I dressed down when we went out together but I really hate not dressing for the occasion.  I thought, "They've known us 30 yrs and have never worried about how to dress when they're when with us.  Why should I?"  Now, when the 4 of us go out together, people see a fancy couple and a casual couple and we all have a great time.

As for dinner parties,  my guests know that I cook my best recipes and pull out the good china and family silver.  They know I play music appropriate to the meal, light candles and make sure everyone has fun.  They know to dress well.

At one party, we hired a band that featured a pregnant Tonganese jazz singer (20th anniv).  At a New Years Eve party, we danced to the Tiajuana Brass and moved the dining table against the wall so a priest from New Orleans could give everybody samba lessons.  At one party someone brought a Marlene Diedrich record and all the men competed to see who could give the best Diedrich impersonation while lipsyncing the songs.  A tubby bearded guy won.

3 months ago we moved to a small house in Appalachia.  Gee, I hope we meet friends that are just as fun as the ones we left behind.  Sigh.

Hottmomma607
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Last Friday night we went to a comedy show! I wore a nice top&skirt,heels!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pandamom268
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM

None of our friends right now are couple friends *sighs*. My friends are either single or the husbands have nothing in common and wouldn't want to double date. When we do go out we dress pretty casually most of the time. Once in a while we have a special occasion and I'll wear a nice dress and low heels.

kirbymom
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

When we have gone out, I like to dress the part. I will wear a dress with hose and heels, I like to wear my hair special, I will wear a light spattering of make-up and I will also wear his favorite perfume for me. It drives him wild and later, after bedtime, well.......you get the idea. lol 

babynurse454
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Im very girly, I wear dresses and skirts whenever I can, . I love high heels, LBD. ( little black dresses). and bracelets!! Our family goes on alot of cruises, I love getting dressed up for dinners.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Casual.  I am a SAHM and don't have beyond the casual basics some of which are semi-dressy casual.  

ridered
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM

My husband is out of town working right now, but when he comes home my friend and I are already planning on going out with our husbands.  I usually just pick something I feel really good in and a nice pair of shoes! 

marisab
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM

i AM SORRY BUT THIS CHALLENGE IT MAY SOUND SILLY BUT ITS OFFENSIVE  TO ME .MY HUSBAND IS DYING IN A HOSPITAL AND THIS IS THE FURTHEREST THING FROM MY MIND.AND SOME MOMS ARE SINGLE. SO I WONT BE ABLE TO DO THIS CHALLENGE

Dawn07
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I dress in my nice jeans and a nice top with maybe some heels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)