Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 4: Double Date!

Posted by   + Show Post

Sometimes the company of another couple really adds to the conversation and fun. Today's challenge is to go on a double date! You can go out to dinner or host a dinner party at your house!

Take a page from Kate Middleton with an inspired classic chic look for your double date. Check out these fashion staples and add them to your wardrobe!

What is your fashion style when you go out on a date? Do you have a particular outfit that you like to wear for special occasions?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Replies (61-70):
NoShame116
by Shawna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM
I like to wear something nice. A little dressy, but nothing to fancy. It's been awhile since I've been on a double date. I don't get many dates period. Our money goes to bills and what the kids need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steph21078
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Date????  It's been so long i forget what it is 

PhyllisGB
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM

we don't have a lot of money to spend right now.  jeans usually but nice tops.  Hubs wears cowboy boots now that we moved back to TX.

Tonight we are going out with a 2 for 1 coupon.  Double-dating isn't really my thing.  We did go to a concert with a group last Sunday, though

jazzgirl205
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I am very sorry that you are going through such pain.  I can relate.  I have watched my share of loved ones slowly die.  In one calendar year alone, my large extended family lost 4 babies under the age of 2.  Since we both know firsthand how precious each moment of life is,  shouldn't we encourage these other women to enjoy these times with their loved ones instead of making them feel guilty?  It is memories of such "silliness" that we turn to when our hours grow desperate.

Quoting marisab:

i AM SORRY BUT THIS CHALLENGE IT MAY SOUND SILLY BUT ITS OFFENSIVE  TO ME .MY HUSBAND IS DYING IN A HOSPITAL AND THIS IS THE FURTHEREST THING FROM MY MIND.AND SOME MOMS ARE SINGLE. SO I WONT BE ABLE TO DO THIS CHALLENGE

mp3mom
by Cherrie on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM

No; it depends on the occasion.

savedbygrace316
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM

It depends on who we go out with.  If it's just us I dress nice (blazers, dresses, heels).  If we go with a couple I try to dress down more to the other woman's style.  I have several nice outfits but I have my favorite black and white dress that fits all milestone occasions (weddings, graduations, funerals).

witheredroses
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM

It has been years since I have even had a date...My divorce was final in May and I have been busy looking for me and learning who I am and to like myself.

vig5179
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I guess I lean more toward a cowgirl look, but not as much as most people visualize. Just nice jeans, dress boots, and a nice but comfortable shirt with the western feel.

matreshka
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I have my own style, nothing showy or trashy but usually basic black, a nice pair of shoes and and a pair of pants that complement my shape.

kgalvano
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

i like to dress up in a dress or slack and a nice shirt

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)