Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Group Rules...is this a Dictatorship or what???

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

You better not have a different point of view from the group owner or you'll be pulled faster than you can hit click!  The heck with a support group actually being there to make a difference.  Group owners should make it clear that you have to do nothing but atta girl or poor you or it's hasta la vista, baby.  

What's your experience?  Don't be mean spirited or use foul language, but you may have a difference of opinion!  THAT'S not drama, it's conversation or debate.  

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoxyJI
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I disagree with people sometimes, I have yet to be booted though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoodathunk
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM

It depends on the group owner.  I just found it wrong to be booted from a support group for giving an opinion when they asked.  Why ask if you don't want an honest opinion?  Obviously most owners aren't like this...thanks for your input.  

Quoting RoxyJI:

I disagree with people sometimes, I have yet to be booted though.

bowhunter2012
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Im not part of very many groups, but i have never had this problem. Sorry people think they are all big and bad behind a keyboard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I've left several groups because of this very reason.  There are many groups that are this way, but there are also many groups that are pretty much drama free...most of the ladies can agree to disagree.

I'll admit to using foul language (I cuss a lot) but it isn't meant to be derogatory (in most cases).

If you don't like the attitude of the group and/or group owner, my advice is to leave the group and find a better one.  :)

EireLass
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I think you're confused. There is a difference with opinion and support.

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I have come across groups like that.

I own a group and admin several other. I would never boot someone for having a differing opinion.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That is why I like the cm sponsored groups... That drama is cut out - at least in terms of what you are describing.
the4mutts
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I've seen several groups like that, but this doesn't seem to be one of them.
What disapointed me more, was when I got invited to join a group, it had the description of a "debate group whereyou can vent, and cuss" like not one of those overly nice groups. well, I joined it, and there was NO conversation what-so-ever. It was a group of women who decided every night to do nothing but insult eachother and call eachother cunts every 5 seconds.
It was boring, and stupid, and pointless. Also, I couldn't figure out who the admin was to ask them to remove me. *I use mobile cafe mom. I don't have a computer, so th site doesn't have the same links*
I ended up just calling everyong a retard on purpose, to get myself booted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoodathunk
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course there is, but if someone asks for advise or suggestions, they should not expect you to simple tell them that what they are doing is correct.  

Quoting EireLass:

I think you're confused. There is a difference with opinion and support.

whoodathunk
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:36 PM

How do I know which are cm sponsored?  That really does make more sense.  If I post a question, I would really like truthful, sincere responses; not opinions filtered in fear of being banned.  Thanks for your thoughts!

Quoting Kris_PBG:

That is why I like the cm sponsored groups... That drama is cut out - at least in terms of what you are describing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN