Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i would rather pull out my teeth with pliers

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:13 AM
  • 20 Replies
Than pick up another damned playing/flash card from the floor in my house!
These things are the bain of my existance. Every birthday, holiday, or even family bbq, someone manages to bring my kids cards of some sort to play with. I let my kids have them, of course. I love that people in my family think of my kids enough to grab them a little something while they're out and about.
But damn...
No exageration, we have about 300 playing cards in the house right now.
I want to burn them with angry fire lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommytotwins44
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
lol....i know what you mean. i have the same problem in my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I would insist the kids sit down at the table to play the game and then put it away after they're done. We have a lot of card/board games and I do not let the children take them to their room because they will be scattered to the farthest corners of the house if I do. I know this because I've made the mistake before. The only way to stay sane and not stab yourself with game pieces walking around barefoot is to keep tabs on the kids playing them. LOL

Willow.wind
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Do it burn burn
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I hear ya

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:10 PM
We don't have many of those here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the4mutts
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Lucky lucky me, they're floor games :( like the large card matching game where they flip over a card, and take turns till they match one.
Then it never fails, my 3yr old eats at least 1 card from every deck, so they run screaming to me, and trailing cards from their arms because they hastily picked them up to save them from a messy death by toddler.
And because they run with arms full of cards, a few get under couches. So I find them later when I clean, set them aside until I figure out which set they go to. When I find the set, I've forgotten where I put the stray cards.
Leading the kids to run screaming with arms full of cards when they discover that a few more are missing.
Its worse than the "if you give a mouse a cookie" cycle haha

Quoting justahousewife:

I would insist the kids sit down at the table to play the game and then put it away after they're done. We have a lot of card/board games and I do not let the children take them to their room because they will be scattered to the farthest corners of the house if I do. I know this because I've made the mistake before. The only way to stay sane and not stab yourself with game pieces walking around barefoot is to keep tabs on the kids playing them. LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the4mutts
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Maybe when we light our first fire pit of the season, I'll burn them all and call it the "yearly cleansing of the house" and use it to ward against the plague of cards haha

Quoting Willow.wind:

Do it burn burn

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2priceboys
by Julie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I just watched that pulling teeth our with pliers on Breaking Amish, Truthfully, I would prefer the cards - play a game that every card they get right they can tear and throw away hahaha

the4mutts
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM
What's Breaking Amish? I've never heard of it

And that would be hilarious! I'm going to try having them do that next time they play

Quoting mom2priceboys:

I just watched that pulling teeth our with pliers on Breaking Amish, Truthfully, I would prefer the cards - play a game that every card they get right they can tear and throw away hahaha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Tell them not to bring cards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)