Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

**Question of the Day 10/8**

Posted by   + Show Post
What was the most difficult point in your life thus far and how did you deal with it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
mrsparker0
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I complrtely understand...just lost my mom to cancer recently so I can identify with all of this. I agree with you on the PET scan and am proud you have done your own investigating. Your boy is lucky to have such a good momma. I will pray for a diagnosis bc I do believe there is some peace in knowing. Hopefully they can get this scan done asap! Please keep us updated!

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

Thank you. I appreciate it. He is doing a lot better now that he is on the meds. He is back in school and slowly working his way back up to perfect health. The hardest part is the waiting. He had so many scans run on him in the hospital that we have to wait at least 2 months before they can do another one to look again for the tumor. Im going to be insisting on the PET scan because they already did the cat scan, MIBG scan, and MRI and the PET is supposed to be the best. One part of me hopes it isnt a tumor because that means major surgery. Another part of me hopes it is because it will mean a diagnosis and treatment and my baby will be able to recover back to normal. Its difficult to be torn between two things that are so hugely depressing. Lol.

Quoting mrsparker0:

Prayers for your ds and family <3

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

A few months ago when my son was admitted into Childrens Hospital. They believed he may have had bone tumors. We got thru that but we spent a month in the hospital. We are home now and they still dont know whats wrong with them. They are now thinking its a different kind of tumor that affects the adrenal gland hormones. Hes on 4 different blood pressure meds and 2 different pain meds. Its a "one day at a time" kind of thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyFreeRider
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Im sorry for your loss. I cant imagine the pain of losing my mom or dad. Thank you for your kind words too. I will certainly keep you posted :)

Quoting mrsparker0:

I complrtely understand...just lost my mom to cancer recently so I can identify with all of this. I agree with you on the PET scan and am proud you have done your own investigating. Your boy is lucky to have such a good momma. I will pray for a diagnosis bc I do believe there is some peace in knowing. Hopefully they can get this scan done asap! Please keep us updated!

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

Thank you. I appreciate it. He is doing a lot better now that he is on the meds. He is back in school and slowly working his way back up to perfect health. The hardest part is the waiting. He had so many scans run on him in the hospital that we have to wait at least 2 months before they can do another one to look again for the tumor. Im going to be insisting on the PET scan because they already did the cat scan, MIBG scan, and MRI and the PET is supposed to be the best. One part of me hopes it isnt a tumor because that means major surgery. Another part of me hopes it is because it will mean a diagnosis and treatment and my baby will be able to recover back to normal. Its difficult to be torn between two things that are so hugely depressing. Lol.

Quoting mrsparker0:

Prayers for your ds and family <3

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

A few months ago when my son was admitted into Childrens Hospital. They believed he may have had bone tumors. We got thru that but we spent a month in the hospital. We are home now and they still dont know whats wrong with them. They are now thinking its a different kind of tumor that affects the adrenal gland hormones. Hes on 4 different blood pressure meds and 2 different pain meds. Its a "one day at a time" kind of thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Probably getting divorced. I dealt with it by keeping my kids at the center of my attention in everything I chose to do.

nicole2884
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

right now,

i choose to believe that this is temporary since we are working to over come the challenges i know change is coming

i just choose to be very real about it, if i can fix it thing great lets do it, if i cant fix it then i just accept it for what it is a choose to be positive 

i just dont dwell on it

its hard but you only drive yourself nuts living in the dark

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Either when my twins were in NICU and one of them had to havre emergency surgery to have 2 inches of intestine taking out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Or when my "step dad" put my mom in the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Dolly
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM
my little sisters dealth...time... still not over it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM

losing so many of my loved ones.  the hardest was my dad and my little cousin who died in a fire when he was 4

mom2priceboys
by Julie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

death of my son in 1994 and It changed my life forever - time is how I deal and it doesn't always get better!!

ChikSlim
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Being unemployed. I am dealing with it by having faith, I know something is going to happen for me soon. I have a few interviews lined up so let's see how those go..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)