Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Disturbing Choice

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 23 Replies

Pro Life people picketing down my street. I understand that the decapitated fetus covered in blood picture was meant to be disturbing and make a point. and it completely was and did. But I got stopped at that corner with a red light and my 4 year old in the backseat. It's so inconsiderate, I can't even explain how much that upsets me. My 4 year old is so easily upset and is constantly having bad dreams. I manage to distract him but what about next time? I know can't shield him from everything but I don't understand why people have to do that, no matter what the cause is. What do you think?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KRIZZ25
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this
wow..that's a shame.. i,m pro life but if thy do that thy should do small picks.that u cant see much detail from the road.
sjump25
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM

That is ridiculous.  

tnmommy5
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM
That's just crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:35 AM
I remember being 11 walking home from school and them giving me a flier like that.. I mean seriously why would ppl do that? Im pro life too but I really dont think its right for kids to see all that. It was awful!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hilary799
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM
I'd be pissed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love-my-tween
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM

That is disgusting. 

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:25 AM

inappropriate

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I know.

I was about four when my mom showed me pictures of babies in buckets. They were in pieces...

She was a pro lifer too.

PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM

They're not about being considerate.  They want to shove their views down your throat.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree.  They do not need to display those pictures to make their point.  IF someone showed their child something they found equally as offensive they'd be up in arms about it.  They can get their point across with out the shocking, gore filled photos that can be seen by innocent children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)