Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Ne1 else gone thru a coliky baby? HELP!!

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 16 Replies
My bby girl is 2mnths n shes my 3rd. Shes coliky n im breastfeedin i dont understand wat else to do ive tried everythin. Eatin rite, hypoallergenic formula, etc. Ne suggestions?
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovingMommy0123
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, my twins had it! Both at the same time! I tried everything! I got annoyed with it and before I lost it and hurt my twins I gave them to my husband. When my husband couldn't do anything the best we did was just let them cry in their room with a CD of womb sounds on repeat and we left them in their room with the door shut and they soon stop their colic by about 3 months.

Some times nothing is the cause of it and the best you can do is let someone else take over or just leave them crying so you can calm down so you don't hurt your baby.

Good luck!

Goinutswit3
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Thank u ur rite
merryvoice
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM

You could try Colic Calm. It's more expensive than I think it should be, but it worked for my baby. 

givenshl
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know if this product is still made but Infant Mylicon helped my son. (He is 16 now thats why I'm not sure if it is still out for sale)

Goinutswit3
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Omg. Yes!! I did buy it an acquiatance told me about it. Its good but i have come to the conclusion that shes gonab coliky til she grows out of it. She has high pitch cries sometimes n it scares me :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Have you tried gripe water?

Goinutswit3
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
No. But ive heard of it. Is it like bottled water??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buttersworth
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

if you're breast feeding, could be something you're eating that is transferring through the milk. but if you're also trying formula, and she's only 2 months old, it sounds like maybe you have to try something mild and stick to it for a bit to see if it actually works. all 3 of my kids were bottle fed. Two had to go on Alimentum, and the third had to go on neocate. Don't stop nagging your pediatrician if she isn't happy with what they prescribe.

mab05
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I found out my daughter had a dairy intollerance and reflux.

Reflux meds turned her into a completely different baby. It was insane. She started sleeping, she would just sit and quietly look around, which she never did before, if she was awake she was screaming.

also White noise. OMG White noise was a life safer.... found an app on my phone, it quieted her down almost instantly

Goinutswit3
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Wats the name of the white noise app mab05??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)