Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

**Question of the Day--10/12**

Posted by   + Show Post

What is your middle name?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Replies (11-18):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM

My parents thought I was going to be a boy too!  They had the name Kevin Aaron picked out. *GAG...no offense to anyone who's kids are named Kevin or Aaron...I just don't like it, lol* My mom named me right after I was born after Stefanie Powers who was her favorite actress at the time *from Hart to Hart*.  She decided to keep the "Aaron" part of the boy's name but switched the spelling of it.  I still don't like my middle name, but what can you do? :)

Quoting salamandersmom:

Ooooh, my parents were SOOOO inspired.  When I was born, they really thought they were going to get a son.  And so they had no girl name picked out.  They were determined I was going to be Aaron Paul.  But, surprise, I was a girl, so they had nothin'.  My mom named me after a soap opera character, and then was grasping for straws for a middle name.  I became Lisa Carol. BLAH. 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I remember yours because it's my husband's first name as well as my aunt and cousin's middle name :)

Quoting offrdngal:

Leigh

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I don't have one.

salamandersmom
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I always think it's funny that my parents didn't remember that babies come in TWO styles - boy and girl - and until modern ultrasounds and other dna tests, you couldn't tell in advance.  Why not have TWO names chosen?  they had names picked out for twins, too... Tamara Jean and Ricky Dean.  (Although if I was a boy with that for a first name, I'd probably have thrown myself onto the railroad tracks in front of the train!)  Why didn't they just choose a single girl's name??  Oh well.  Whatever.  I suppose it could be worse... I could have been named after great aunt Hildegard.  Shudder.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

My parents thought I was going to be a boy too!  They had the name Kevin Aaron picked out. *GAG...no offense to anyone who's kids are named Kevin or Aaron...I just don't like it, lol* My mom named me right after I was born after Stefanie Powers who was her favorite actress at the time *from Hart to Hart*.  She decided to keep the "Aaron" part of the boy's name but switched the spelling of it.  I still don't like my middle name, but what can you do? :)

Quoting salamandersmom:

Ooooh, my parents were SOOOO inspired.  When I was born, they really thought they were going to get a son.  And so they had no girl name picked out.  They were determined I was going to be Aaron Paul.  But, surprise, I was a girl, so they had nothin'.  My mom named me after a soap opera character, and then was grasping for straws for a middle name.  I became Lisa Carol. BLAH. 

brittany.dcd
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Danyelle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2priceboys
by Julie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM

It used to be Anne but when I got married I moved it up to be in my first name then added my maiden to my middle - this iw something my mom and sister both did

LucianosMom
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Ann

cherylam
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Ann

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)