Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I envy moms who have had

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 22 Replies

vaginal births.

I'm 30 and have 2 sons. One is 7 years old and the other is 3 months old.

Both of them were emergency c-sections.

I was watching The Baby Story on TLC this morning and there was this women who gave birth vaginally.

I was watching her and I thought to myself, I'll never be able to experience that.

I doubt I'll have any more children. If I do, chances are I'll end up having another emergency c-section. So I feel like that experience has been robbed of me.

The ones who have had the experience, I look at it as a privilege.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2BBboys0509
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM
7 moms liked this

Look at it as a privilege to have two beautiful healthy boys. Many women get robbed of that.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this! :-)

Quoting 2BBboys0509:

Look at it as a privilege to have two beautiful healthy boys. Many women get robbed of that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goinutswit3
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Ive had 3 csections n i was terrified bout the recoverybut after my first one iwas use to it. My bby girl is 2 mnths. Now ull b luky if u can find am Ob that will do vag deliveries after csections
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meg2011425
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a c section due to complications. My son is almost 4 and we are currently trying for our second.

I wanted to try vaginal but I also was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to breathe and with my son he was back labor for 36 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marilu_
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Totally agree
Quoting 2BBboys0509:

ellie125
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I had an emr c-section, and my second boy due in 8 weeks will also be a C-S. I was 23 hours in natural labor because the apdrl didn't work. it was the most painful and scary experience of my life, I wouldn't ever want anyone to go thorough what I went through. there's no words to describe the pain. anyway you have a choice on how u want to deliver. I know many women that delivered after haveing a c-s, and they are all fine. didn't have any problems. so u have a choice" best of luck
jamamama00
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I've had three. Two with no drugs at all (not because I wanted it that way.) It hurt like hell. My vagina is loose. Sex doesn't feel as good. I leak pee. It's going to take six thousand for the surgery to fix my poon. I know it sucks for me to tell you, "don't feel bad because this is what you're missing out on." I am sorry you've never gotten that experience, and that you feel you're missing something. But trust me, there are (many) advantages to not going through that.

the3Rs
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I had a C-section with my first & successful VBACs with my next two. Yes, the experiences were different, but I don't feel robbed with having a C-section. You have your boys & they're healthy. That's ALL that matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelly126
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Quoting 2BBboys0509:

I totally agree, what difference does it make how you gave birth? You had the beautiful experience of being pregnant, which is another thing some women get robbed of. Look @ your children and thank God for many things, don't feel bad about something so irrelevant.
merryvoice
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Exactly! I had a c-section and I felt like  I missed out, but this is how I look at it: It took me ELEVEN years to make her, so I'm grateful I even had her at all! 

Quoting Bmama1:

I agree with this! :-)

Quoting 2BBboys0509:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)