Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I envy moms who have had

Posted by   + Show Post

vaginal births.

I'm 30 and have 2 sons. One is 7 years old and the other is 3 months old.

Both of them were emergency c-sections.

I was watching The Baby Story on TLC this morning and there was this women who gave birth vaginally.

I was watching her and I thought to myself, I'll never be able to experience that.

I doubt I'll have any more children. If I do, chances are I'll end up having another emergency c-section. So I feel like that experience has been robbed of me.

The ones who have had the experience, I look at it as a privilege.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
givenshl
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Just be happy you have your babies regardless how they made it into this world. I have had 4 children, all vag, but that don't make me any different from you. You and I delivered the way our Doctors saw fit for us.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Yes!

Quoting 2BBboys0509:

Look at it as a privilege to have two beautiful healthy boys. Many women get robbed of that.

bigmama423
by Liz on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I'm with ya..

I've had 4 c-sections, and I kind of feel the same. This last pregnancy I went into labor on my own, 1st time ever. I was mad that I had to have another C, I feel like I shouldn't have signed and should have seen what they would have said or done.

At the same time I would hate to be in labor then told I'd have to have a c-section, so I don't know.

I'm happy all of my kids are here and healthy, sometimes glad nothings ever come out of my you know what but sometimes sad I missed the experience....

Areyiah2912
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I feel like you should be blessed that you had 2 boys some women can't have any children of there own and even though you had a c-section it is possible that you could have your 3rd if you want to have more kids vaginal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I've only ever had 1 emerg c-section. But IMO giving birth - whatever way you do it - sucks.

buttersworth
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I'm sorry and I can see how you feel that way.

I had two children vaginally and one by c-section. My c-section was an emergency also, and for all that was going on it was the worst experience because of the fear for my and my baby's well being. But now he's great, and so aside from the fear factor, I have to tell you that c-sections are physically easier. Despite that, there's really no difference ....you go through some kind of birthing process and you end up with a baby. I think women who can't have their own children at all would envy you a heck of a lot more than you envy women who've had vaginal birth.

sjump25
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I fell the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
curlycupcake
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I have had three drug-free vaginal births, the last one at home.  They were each intense, beautiful, and deeply spiritual experiences.  You forget the pain, the blood, the exhaustion almost immediately.  I feel so blessed for those experiences,  They changed me as a person, brought me more in touch with myself, my strength- they grounded me and helped me be the sort of mom I want to be.  

I'm not trying to take away from anyone elses experiences, whatever they may have been.  Birth is a deeply personal choice, and too often that choice it taken, like in your case vinalex.  Those were my experiences and how they affected me.  I don't judge others for thier choices, sometimes it;s easy to miss the tone of a post so I just wanted to be clear & not insulting.

LML1
by Kristy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM

You shouldn't look at it that way. Yes, it's a memorable experience but over all the only thing important was that you had a happy health baby. I too had an emergency c-section. I did prepare myself for a vaginal birth, all mom's do. But after being in labor almost 3 days... I was just thankful my baby was healthy and had 10 fingers and 10 toes.

asaffell
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Hugs mama, I'm sorry that it's hard for you. It's OK to feel like you missed out - nobody has a right to tell you otherwise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN