Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

How are you supposed to be free...

Posted by   + Show Post
...if your baby won't take formula...wont take bottle at all just play with the bottle and only breastfeed and won't stay in her crib??? It's so frustrating! I can't go out of the room either without her crying for me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Replies (11-17):
Borne_Wonky
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I had something like this for my clingy baby. It helped so much.

bamababe1975
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM

How old is she? It's okay for her to cry some and you don't have to hold her all the time. If she's not interested in taking a bottle, stop forcing it and instead enjoy breastfeeding her until you're ready to wean and introduce her to babyfood. Bring her into the room with you but set her in a swing or playpen or something so she can still see you but you aren't holding her, and talk to her, sing to her, etc., so she gets that you still care about her and learns that she doesn't have to be held to have mommy's attention. If that still doesn't work, get a sling or other type of baby carrier you can wear and that way she'll be held but your arms will be free to do dishes or whatever. I had to do that with my 2nd dd and truly didn't mind.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Areyiah2912
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Thank you all for the support and advice I'll try it all and see what my 8 month baby girl will follow through!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I did the sling thing and it helped

thalia7758
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Ditto the babywearing. My baby is 4.5 and rather clingy... He fussy if put down, even if I go to the bathroom. It helps to enlist relatives to help. He also stopped taking formula but will take expressed milk from a bottle (I guess he knows what the good stuff is!). If your baby won't take a bottle at all... I've heard some babies do just fine with a cup. Maybe look into getting help with that? That way you can get at least a few hours of baby-free time for your mental health. :)

LML1
by Kristy on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I found that the baby swing was a wonderful invention. Seriously! It kept her in motion and gave me a break. Good luck.

kimsardo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Hang in there. You'll be free in 18 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)