Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Will I think an ear infection is a "minor" shrug it off illness.  I have been in so much pain and so sick for the last day or so. Pain so bad I was in tears, literally. I went to the docctor this morning at a walk in clinic.  I have a double ear infection.  The infection was so bad it caused vomting.  I never had fever with it.  No wonder babies scream and some people use the ER for "just an ear infection".  I was ready to have dh take me to ER just to get pain relief.  I do not know when I have hurt that bad. I kid you not my hysterectomy recovery was not much worse.  So when your babies are screaming from ear infection pain, I now know why............it is horrid. Your ears, your face, your whole head and body hurt from just your ears. The pain radiated like hot, sharp pokers inside your ear, through your face and brain.  IT IS AGONY.  

So never again will I think a Mom who takes a child with an ear infection to an er is panicky.  (Well I didnt really, cause I have done it in thte past, not knowing it was ears)...but you know what I mean.  EAR INFECTIONS HURT.

I don't think I have ever judged anyone for doing that, but if I have, I say I am sorry......take those babies if they need to be taken to anyone who can relieve their agony.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Replies (11-19):
NewYorkMommy103
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Oh yea i totally agree! Teething as well! I have 3 molars growing In at the same time (same as teething) and holy crap my face felt like I've been beat with a medal pole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsardo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:07 PM

They hurt!

roardiva
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM

my dd had one for a few days (im guessing) her ear drum ruptured :( she never showed any signs of an infection. i felt so bad for her and now i feel worse. shes just getting over it, shes 6months.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I grew up with ear infections they do hurt.  hope you are feeling better now

Thelmama
by Thelma on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Thanks y'all. Yeah I feel some better.  The pain is a lot less but I just don't feel good.  I think the antibiotics are being mean to me. LOL.  

Megan11587
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:37 AM
This. I hear ya! Feel better!

Quoting amonkeymom:

Ouch!  I grew up having chronic ear infections, they do hurt!

I hope you're feeling a lot better very soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:08 AM
I've had one a few years ago. It was EXCRUCIATING. And so miserable. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Especially poor little babies. Hope you get to feeling better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:10 AM

thanks I am a bit better, the antibiotics are rough though and I still have 7 more days to go...ugggggggh.  they make me feel horrid but the pain in my ears is better.

Quoting LCG83:

I've had one a few years ago. It was EXCRUCIATING. And so miserable. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Especially poor little babies. Hope you get to feeling better.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Hope you are feeling better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN