Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

When do I get a sick day?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I've been sick for 2 weeks now. Sinus's, cough, achey the whole nine yards. Well it's all in my chest now. YUK. I told my husband just to shoot me. On top of that my 3 yr old has a sinus infection too. Well I asked my husband to help me with baths and to clean up after dinner. He said, "What do I pay you for?" Excuse me?! Well he's been sleeping on the couch this week. I can't sleep b/c I've been up all day and night taking care of our dd and cleaning. I am to the point I feel like I'm going to crumble and where is he... in the woods hunting.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Oooh.... he deserves a good smack for that comment!

I hope you feel better soon.  That cold/sinus thing that's going around is a nasty one.

Aubie1229
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously? You need to stand up and put the smack down on that behavior. Do you want this to go on the rest or your life? It will only get worse if you let him act like that.

-------------------------------------------------------------

My Husband and I created an iPhone app! Turn your family pictures into a baby rattle! Baby Faces Rattle in the app store.

WitchyMom2
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Oh wow! You have my sympathies but I will not say anything else, as it would not be nice. I cannot imagine sharing my life with such a rude, uncaring male. (And yes, I am married, 27 years to my hubby with 2 boys.)

sjump25
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Oh my I would have slapped him for that.  I'm sorry, Momma.  He needs to step up.  I hope you feel better ASAP

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM
"What does he pay you for???????" He said that? WTF????

I can't imagine being spoken to that way - that is NOT even close to ok!
the4mutts
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
What the hell? You're sick, kid is sick, and he's HUNTING, and he claims he pays you?!
I would never tolerate that from anyone.
Don't do shit. Sit on your ass all day long except to feed/medicate your sick child. Lay on the couch with your DD. Don't make his dinner, do laundry, clean house, nothing.
If he notices, tell him "what do I sleep with you for? Because if you don't step up and help, I'm going to be too tired for sex for a LOOOONG time."
I'm not a fan of using sex for leverage, but he's obviously a man-pig, that's probably all that will get through to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LML1
by Kristy on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a stay at home momma. He thinks that I stay at home all day to watch tv and eat bon bon's. HA! Not true. Hence the reason our house is kept neat and clean and our 3 year old (turned 3 last month) is already reading and spelling. No worries, I start a new job on Thursday : ) He will soon learn how good he had it. I love KARMA. For now he's sleeping in our guest room. He knows he was in the wrong and he has since apologized. I told him next time he's on a power kick, go outside and do something constructive. If he takes it out on me again, I'll put miralax in his ice tea. : D

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM

wow, no way

kimsardo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I hope you get well soon.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I've felt that way before.  Feel better soon! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)