Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

shoes

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM
  • 13 Replies
Okay mommies, I have a question. If you left a pair of your child's boots at your baby daddy's dads house, and he decided to 'clean' the living room where the boots were and put them in a back room... Say you go back a couple of weeks later and go to get the child's boots for them to wear but one is missing.. what would do? He says he didn't loose it, but its not the first time he's messed with your things when you have plainly stated you did NOT want him bothering your things neumorus times. This boot has been missing for a little over a month and he has made no effort to give you an idea where it might be or look for it, just says its not his fault, and that you should have kept up with them better... Personally I am making a big deal out of this situation, telling him that he can either find it or go buy her a new pair. They weren't just boots from Walmart they were expensive john deer boots that my grandfather bought for CaiLynn right after she was born.. she couldn't wear them until this summer.. and loved wearing them.. at the time he lost it that was the only pair of shoes she had that fit her Decently. She has out frown it now, but those had more sentimental value than anything. You couldnt even tell they had been worn and I wanted to save them if da didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kLynch315
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

My daughter's dad always keeps her crap and looses it, so now I just send her with crappy clothes. IF he wants something nicer, he can go buy it. As far as the situation you're in, well you can ask them to find them. If he won't then there isn't much you can do. Bite the bullet and take it as a lesson learned. I hate that though, don't you?!?!

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I think that you should just let it go.  I am sure that he did lose it on purpose.  Is it really worth a fight? 

CaiLynns_mommie
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:37 AM
yes I hate it!!

Quoting kLynch315:

My daughter's dad always keeps her crap and looses it, so now I just send her with crappy clothes. IF he wants something nicer, he can go buy it. As far as the situation you're in, well you can ask them to find them. If he won't then there isn't much you can do. Bite the bullet and take it as a lesson learned. I hate that though, don't you?!?!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaiLynns_mommie
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM
yes it is. that man (her grand father on her dads side) has had it out for me since I moved in his house. this isn't the first time some of my stuff has come up missing because of him, but it WILL be the last. the boots meant more sentimentally than monetary. my grand father bought the boots for my dd when she was about a month old... the first time we tried the boots on her... just for the heck of it.. they came up past her knee... I was going to put them up and save them for her when she was older.. my papaw is almost 70, and if he doesn't make it until she is old enough for her to remember I want her to have stuff to remember him by. but her dad and his dad don't give a fuck about sentimental value. trays what pissed me off.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I think that you should just let it go.  I am sure that he did lose it on purpose.  Is it really worth a fight? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Baby daddy? I am not to found of that saying! I would not be happy but I wouldn't take it to far. I would just let him know that this can't happen anymore.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Quoting CaiLynns_mommie:

yes I hate it!!

Quoting kLynch315:

That may work!

sjump25
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I would tell him he needs to buy her a new pair.  If he won't I don't guess there is much you can do :/  I wouldn't be sending good clothes or shoes to his house anymore.

CaiLynns_mommie
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM
we used to live there. kinda still do. thats the problem..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:23 PM
I'd focus more on finding them than being upset about it... I mean, they have to be somewhere. Have you looked under couches, etc...

Dh and I are married, but often have to do the "why is there only 1 shoe" annoyance?
CaiLynns_mommie
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I turnned the upse upside down looking for it... if we had been there for there to be chaos then I would have just been like okay where's the other shoe... HE moved it... HE was the last person to bother it.. my daughter and I hadn't been in that house for a good three weeks when the show went missing...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN