Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

potty treats??

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM
  • 8 Replies
i just got my 3 yr old to go poôp in potty. its been aprox 2 to 3 wéeks. after he does his poôp i give him a treat. he goes like 6 times a day and i give him a treat after every one. when and how do i stop giving him treats???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kLynch315
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
If he's been going everyday for 2-3 weeks I would say that many treats aren't necessary anymore. Maybe give one a day or go to more long term treats. Like a larger treat for making it the entire week. Oh and Congrats! Pooping in the potty takes forever it seems!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I always gave a few M & Ms as a reward for going on the potty, and then when my kids were fully potty trained we went to Toys r Us and bought a toy as a reward for going all the time.

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Idk I don't do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL After him is completely potty trained then a Would just stop by not mention it!

2girlz3boyz
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM
i think the reason he goes so much is just for the treat. hes completly trained but i worry if i stop the treats hell stop gong in potty. its beén so long since i did this idk wut i did w my other boys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsardo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

You can try replacement thing first. Cut out the snacks and give him a sticker book. Sticker instead of snack. Then you can phase that out easier. 

kimsardo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I always gave a few M & Ms as a reward for going on the potty, and then when my kids were fully potty trained we went to Toys r Us and bought a toy as a reward for going all the time.

Good idea. Cut if off period. Get him a prize as the grand finale!

kimsardo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Quoting 2girlz3boyz:

i think the reason he goes so much is just for the treat. hes completly trained but i worry if i stop the treats hell stop gong in potty. its beén so long since i did this idk wut i did w my other boys

I agree he's probably going so much because of the food treats. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)