Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hulu Plus vx Netflix

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you think of the two?

I have Netflix, am thinking of adding Hulu Plus.

Do you have either/or?

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Beautifulmom513
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:03 PM

we have both. we love netflix for the movies and for the older shows. we have hulu plus for the newer stuff.

kimsardo
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Quoting Marz31:

we have Netflix and Amazon Prime video streaming. I've never really spent much time with hulu. like both the others tho, they compliment each other well.

Oh, ya, I forgot about Amazon Prime. That's where I got SOA and some others. Dang, so many choices.

AerickMomi_MrsD
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM

netflix

kristina_b
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Dumped cable. The bill was becoming ridiculous.  Joined Netflix and have no regrets. Except for maybe the fact that as strange as this sounds, I sometimes miss commercials:/ I don't know I'm weird. I checked out Hulu with the free trial period. I actually called and had them cancel it after day 1. Was not at all impressed. Very similar to netflix with some of the programs but the quality of the streaming was very poor. Constant buffering.

givenshl
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I have Netflix but I don't really use it. My son does with is XBox. I want to upgrade my electronics throughout my home than maybe I'll start using the stuff I pay for.

jellybeanjean
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM

We have netflix. Quality is ass. But i like the documentaries, the anime and foreign movies. Plus the kids stuff is great.

* edit*

But I think I am a little spoiled wth digital HD everything. If I wasn't used to that I think netflix would be fine for me.

themomof3boys
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM

we have only Hulu Plus because Netflix got too expensive for us, and on Hulu you can get shows that you can't get on Netflix.

kimsardo
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jellybeanjean:

We have netflix. Quality is ass. But i like the documentaries, the anime and foreign movies. Plus the kids stuff is great.

* edit*

But I think I am a little spoiled wth digital HD everything. If I wasn't used to that I think netflix would be fine for me.

I've found the quality to ok for me. I have a HD big screen tv and streams the netflix through the tv internet connection. I haven't thought that the quality was bad.

Do you notice a big difference when you watch blu ray. Like enough of a difference that you only want to watch blu ray?

jellybeanjean
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Yup. I only buy blu rays now lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:32 PM

We love netflix here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)