Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Okay..it is out of my hands

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 27 Replies

I posted my resume on Monster.com and sent the link to a company looking for a Contract Therapist for kids that are recovering from abuse.  I worked with abused kids for over 2 years and have a Master's degree in social work. In the mean time I am brushing up on play therapy, couseling techiniques etc.  Because it is contract therapy, I believe I can make my own  hours and work it around my kids schedule. I am praying this works out and we can get out of this hole we are in.  Here is to hoping.baby dust and good job dust....LOL

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!  That is an amazing and heartbreaking line of work.  You have so much courage!

anotherandree
by Inga on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Good Luck!!!

mylittlelife82
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Best of luck to you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Thank you.  And these kids have so much resileance if you can reach them in time.  Too often they are left in the cracks to suffer and not let this stuff out.  I would use play therapy, art therapy and music therapy as some of the options to work with them. It is more about letting them have a safe place to talk to someone there just for them than it being a "cure". Helping them have coping skills and the place and time to grieve.  And to know.......hey you are not alone.  You can do this and you are somebody. 

I am survivor myself, not that I would tell them that, as that wouldn't be ethical practice, but I know some of where they are coming from. Just not as severely as some of them have faced.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!  That is an amazing and heartbreaking line of work.  You have so much courage!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Thanks y'all.

offrdngal
by Terri on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Good luck!!!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

thank you

kimsardo
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!

RitaTequila531
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish you great Luck!""
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Thank you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN