Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Okay..it is out of my hands

Posted by   + Show Post

I posted my resume on Monster.com and sent the link to a company looking for a Contract Therapist for kids that are recovering from abuse.  I worked with abused kids for over 2 years and have a Master's degree in social work. In the mean time I am brushing up on play therapy, couseling techiniques etc.  Because it is contract therapy, I believe I can make my own  hours and work it around my kids schedule. I am praying this works out and we can get out of this hole we are in.  Here is to hoping.baby dust and good job dust....LOL

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
Thelmama
by Thelma on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I think whether it has a thing to do with it or not, my twin sister got a job today after months of unemployement and looking for a job.  So it at least gave me hope

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck., I hope everything works out for you. 

bigmama423
by Liz on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck, I hope you get the job!!!

What an amazing job to have too!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM

thank you

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM

That's awesome!  Good Luck :)

sherry132
by Sherry on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Monster.com?

Watch out and be careful. ASK what company anyone who calls you is calling for. 

I have about 80 million messages from all these companies wanting me to do something like commissioned sales. They all want money, and for one, I drove an hour one way to an interview. I finally had to remove my resume. 

I wish you the best of luck, I hope you get the job you are looking for. 

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 5:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope you get this,but if not, something else can be right around the corner!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Yes I know.  I attached a link to that resume to a specific ad in our local news paper and emailed it to them.  I only send them to ones I am interested in and do not reply to others.  Mine is social work and I have a lot less hits than other resumes.  My resume doesn't fit their "sale" criteria. LOL.  Good thing..

Quoting sherry132:

Monster.com?

Watch out and be careful. ASK what company anyone who calls you is calling for. 

I have about 80 million messages from all these companies wanting me to do something like commissioned sales. They all want money, and for one, I drove an hour one way to an interview. I finally had to remove my resume. 

I wish you the best of luck, I hope you get the job you are looking for. 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:15 AM

thanks all

sjump25
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN