Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 15: Be a Tourist in Your Town!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

Fall is a great time of year to take advantage of all the activities going on in your area. Today's challenge is to be a tourist in your town!

Get your family together and plan your day of local fun! Check out landmarks, find out what events are going on at the library, or check the local paper (or online) to find out what festivals are in your area!

family car

Does your town or county have a lot of activities for families? What are some of the fun things locals like to do in your area?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShirreeM
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:01 AM
We just moved to a new town and I am not sure if they have any activities here.
I need to check into that soon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2b100808
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Yes, My town does. My Library is having a festival this morning and also one of the fire stations. And we have a place we can go to Railroad park down town to have little concerts. Its fun.

MamisAngels
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:07 AM
We've been in this town for almost a year and so far they have had quite a few family friendly activities that we've enjoyed.
I right away got to know the librarians and we visit frequently. They share lots of info regarding the towns events and activities. I also check the town's website and newspaper.
I have taken walks around town to get to know the local businesses, which many are small and family owned and have been established for years.
It's fun how much you get to know about a place's history simply by talking to people.
kerryket
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:10 AM

There's a lot to explore in my area, we have beautiful beaches, and are surrounded by water so there are all kinds of activities there.  I have found that our parks have a lot to offer with great nature trails, activities and wildlife to see. We are on the Spacecoast in Central Florida, so it really is a tourist area, there's always some festival or community event to take advantage of on the weekends.

LCG83
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:27 AM
My town does street fairs a a lot. We also have museums and other neat places to visit.
Janet
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I get an email keeping me updated with what is going on in my area.

erienne06
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM
We went to the homecoming parade, swing on main, and court days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Yes, we have the Mall of America that can keep you pretty busy no matter the season.  We also have an indoor and outdoor zoo which helps due to our seasons.  A lot of our cities in the spring/summer have various actives or carnivals/parades going on. 

We like to do everything.  We are always looking for low cost or free things to do.  In the winter we do like to do a lot of sledding, ice skaing, tubing and etc.  Minnesota I feel is a great place to rasie kids because there is so much going on.

othermom
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:03 AM

One thing I would love to take the kids to is the under ground tours of the rooms and tunnels that were built many years ago under the streets

SassyLeigh
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM
I all ways try to find these but never do. If I do they're already past.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)