Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I delivered a baby...

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM
  • 13 Replies
Kitten last night. My BFFs cat went into labor last night. Sad thing was that her first kitten was breached and got stuck. So she called me
To help her because her dh wouldn't. I guess it's a man thing lol. So I took my gloved over there and helped. I was able to get the kitten out. Sad thing it's was dead it had suffocated. But good news is she had four more and all are strong and healthy. It was pretty neat thing. Just wanted to shair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Oct. 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM

poor kitty but cool you got to help

CuzImMOM
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM
I though it was pretty awesome

Quoting hayliedlr:

poor kitty but cool you got to help

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Aww I've had to do that before too, luckily I saved her life by mouth to mouth lol
My step mom still has her, she Is going on 12
CuzImMOM
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 11:08 PM
If she would of called me sooner. When she started labor and not let her walk around I probably could of saved her. But she waited 25-30 mins before she called.

She probably would of called but she though her dh would of helped her.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Aww I've had to do that before too, luckily I saved her life by mouth to mouth lol

My step mom still has her, she Is going on 12

amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Aww, so sad about the first born, but I'm glad the other babies are nice and healthy.

sjump25
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 3:05 PM

That's great that you could help!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Aww, poor baby kitty!  That's pretty neat though :)

Venae
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Tell your friend to get mama cat spayed and spay/neuter all the kitties.  They allowed all those babies to be born and there are not enough homes for all of them.  We KILL millions of them each year in shelters because people think it's "neat" to let their animals have babies.  In a year, that lot of 5 cats can produce 40 more cats.  The next year, that 40 can multiply into 320.  Look for a low-cost spay/neuter program, because it can be expensive - that's one of the consequences of letting your animal get pregnant.

Your friend has got to be very careful finding homes for these cats - people do come pick up free kittens and use them as bait for dog fights.  When people move, they abandon their cats, for some reason thinking that they will be magically fed and cared for.  Your friend should not just hand these precious babies over to just anyone.  

If your friend keeps them all, again, spay/neuter everyone or you will have brothers/sisters making babies w/each other (or w/mom) and that's not a good idea either.

Stories like yours make me so sad.  

CuzImMOM
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 1:56 AM
She is going to. She is very responsible person. The mother was taken care of. She wanted her to have baby's so she can have one of here's so when she passes on she will still have a pice of here. I am going to take one or two and they will be fixed and vet taken care of. But thank you for your concern.

Quoting Venae:

Tell your friend to get mama cat spayed and spay/neuter all the kitties.  They allowed all those babies to be born and there are not enough homes for all of them.  We KILL millions of them each year in shelters because people think it's "neat" to let their animals have babies.  In a year, that lot of 5 cats can produce 40 more cats.  The next year, that 40 can multiply into 320.  Look for a low-cost spay/neuter program, because it can be expensive - that's one of the consequences of letting your animal get pregnant.

Your friend has got to be very careful finding homes for these cats - people do come pick up free kittens and use them as bait for dog fights.  When people move, they abandon their cats, for some reason thinking that they will be magically fed and cared for.  Your friend should not just hand these precious babies over to just anyone.  

If your friend keeps them all, again, spay/neuter everyone or you will have brothers/sisters making babies w/each other (or w/mom) and that's not a good idea either.

Stories like yours make me so sad.  

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 6:11 AM

We took in a pregnant cat years ago. She ended up having 7 healthy kittens,the first one was born on my daughters lap,and we were able to find good homes for them.I hope your friend will make sure all of the kitties are spayed/nuetered :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)