Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Need to vent bc I may explode!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Would you be upset if a friend claimed to be too sick to have her kids all week (pawning them off on others) but come Friday she's texting me asking to watch her kids so she can have a date night? I said no bc I have a killer migraine and quite honestly I'm sick of watching her kids. She suffers from self diagnosed fibro which I can sympathize with I've been dx with fibro and horrid migraines but unless I'm in the hospital or my husband is home I take care of my kid. She seems to be sick all week every week but its all fine fri and sat for date night and no it's not just sitting down they go dancing they play mini golf stuff like that. I'm just sad for the kids bc they worry about their mom & miss her playing with them. I love them but I can't watch them anymore if she's well enough to have date night or ladies night she's well enough to take care of her kids. Idk maybe it's bc I suffer too & there's days I want to take meds & lay in bed all day but I know my daughter needs me. When I'm flared up I wouldn't even think about date night. If its a good week we'd get out but I'm fine having a date night at home after little one goes to bed. This is just me venting my frustration by taking myself off the baby sitter list I don't have to care. To note she never watches my daughter I've asked her a few times so we could have a date night or I have an appt she always has an excuse. I guess the smart thing to do is cut her lose all together. Well thanks for letting me vent I feel better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Replies (11-14):
Texascandee
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 6:59 AM
3 moms liked this

If she hasn't been diagnosed by a doctor, I wouldn't believe her.  I know people with fibromyalgia and it is real...........they have severe pain on a daily basis.  If this woman is well enough to go out on the weekends, she's well enough to take care of her kids.

I would just tell her I couldn't watch her kids anymore.  I know a woman that does this with her kid.  When she needs a babysitter is when I hear from her.  She can walk down the sidewalk right in front of my apt and not even acknowledge I'm there but she will text me the next day wanting to know if I will watch her son..........so glad she's moving or I would let her know what I think.

princessmelita
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM

@ Texascandee...I would tell her what I thought before she went away just so she knows and hopefully won't take advantage of someone else.

mmtosam06
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM

has the person been tested for Maunchasen (cant think of the proper spelling) but wow

Quoting hethr469:

I guess I shouldnt have hit submit if I wasnt done talking but these people! One of this ladies kids bent her finger and they go to the emergency room. my daughter fell over five feet out of a tree and landed right on her back and i had to diagnose her, without the benefit of even an xray. AND i had to plan her physical therapy and guide her through it too!

Stephanie nice to meet you.
SoCalTx
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:11 PM
That is a good question.

Quoting mmtosam06:

has the person been tested for Maunchasen (cant think of the proper spelling) but wow

Quoting hethr469:

I guess I shouldnt have hit submit if I wasnt done talking but these people! One of this ladies kids bent her finger and they go to the emergency room. my daughter fell over five feet out of a tree and landed right on her back and i had to diagnose her, without the benefit of even an xray. AND i had to plan her physical therapy and guide her through it too!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN