Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's have a drink, ladies.....

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm looking for some talkin's on this topic. 

Who likes to have a drink to help wind down....and how often?

Who is a big drinker and how much?

Who feels they may have a problem?

Who does not drink?

Who use to drink, but gave it up?

by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RitaTequila531
by Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I hardly ever drink and when I do its just for the flavor, no real reason
if I do, it's out of my daughter's sight (asleep) and usually something light like smirnoff or baileys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoLski
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I like to have a drink sometimes to wind down.  I'm a full-time mommy, full-time student, and also work a full-time job.  My weekends I leave open (thank goodness!), so on the occassional weekend where I've had a rough week, I will gladly have a good drink.  It helps me feel like I can take a big deep breath.

diegosmom828
by Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:56 PM
I dont normally drink. Last time I had a drink was a couple of weeks ago and my sister invited me over to have drinks tonight but I was too tired. I don't drink in front of my son because he says moms aren't suppose to drink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziSunshine678
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM

when the boys were at home, we always had a fully-stocked bar - we entertained a lot - so, yes, social drinking was a part of our lives -

our sons grew up knowing that the legal age for drinking was 21 years - they nor their friends never drank alcohol in our home (and i'm hoping that our sons honored our wishes and never drank outside of our home until they were 21) - they never one time saw anybody have too much to drink in our home- we and our crowd were only "social drinkers" - and nobody ever had too much to drink -

yes, we drank in front of them - yes, we have a drink with them now, while out to dinner with them, or if they come to our home or us to their homes - they are rearing their children as we reared ours - they do not even get to TASTE alcohol - we make them children's pina coladas, etc. -

never needed a drink - period -

yet, do enjoy one sitting on our deck on a hot, summer day, while sitting in the sun - never drank too much (i'm 5'- so i'm a 1-drink-kid - lol) i would imagine 2 drinks would not allow me to stand up straight -

hub is not a drinker - his father was an alcoholic - if he has a drink at all, he will have one drink and switch to diet coke for the rest of the evening -

this is our drinking pattern now - (dh is 71 and i am 69) - when we were younger, we drank much more - but, never to the point of getting drunk -

i actually forget what the question was - so please forgive how long it took me to answer - and i probably missed the point -

i should probably go out to the kitchen and have an irish coffee - since it's only 10 am - j/k, girls !!! -

huggss - suzi - do ya think i might have been "under the influence when i wrote this?"    jus teasin' ya'll -

actually, this was a very good question -

oops - just read the other ladies' replies - it looks as though i'm the only drinker here & NO, i don't overdrink - sometimes i go weeks without a drink - i swear!!!   giggles - remember - i'm an old lady - for cryin' out loud - group hug

WonderWomanSV
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Who likes to have a drink to help wind down....and how often? Once or twice a month. But not recently, I'm pregnant :)

Who is a big drinker and how much? Nope

Who feels they may have a problem?nope

Who does not drink?Not currently and not much when I'm not pregnant

Who use to drink, but gave it up? not me

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:15 PM
We have a few drinks maybe every other weekend. We don't get wasted or anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't drink but after today I think I need a stiff one.

PoLski
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

You sound so neat! 

Ya know, I went through my days of having a good time, and yes, too many times of getting too drunk.  I look back at those days and say to myself, "I'm so happy I don't get like that anymore!"  Yucky.  My husband cannot drink due to a medical issue, so that is why he does not drink, and I feel guilty if I have a drink around him, although he insists that it does not bother him at all.

I don't think it is a terrible thing to have a drink in front of your kids.  I think getting "tanked" in front of them is a major "No No."  My gosh...

My kiddies know that there are things that adults do that children cannot.

I try to limit my alcohol consumption cause I have noticed that I have tendencies to get carried away.  I proved that in the past.  My father is an alcoholic, and both my sisters followed in his steps.  One of my sisters pulled herself out of it, but my other one still drinks every night.  My family is awesome, by the way.  No nastiness, and lots of love.  Just a bit too much drinking sometimes. 

Now I feel like I'm just rambling.....Ha!

Quoting suziSunshine678:

when the boys were at home, we always had a fully-stocked bar - we entertained a lot - so, yes, social drinking was a part of our lives -

our sons grew up knowing that the legal age for drinking was 21 years - they nor their friends never drank alcohol in our home (and i'm hoping that our sons honored our wishes and never drank outside of our home until they were 21) - they never one time saw anybody have too much to drink in our home- we and our crowd were only "social drinkers" - and nobody ever had too much to drink -

yes, we drank in front of them - yes, we have a drink with them now, while out to dinner with them, or if they come to our home or us to their homes - they are rearing their children as we reared ours - they do not even get to TASTE alcohol - we make them children's pina coladas, etc. -

yet, do enjoy one sitting on our deck on a hot, summer day, while sitting in the sun - never drank too much (i'm 5'- so i'm a 1-drink-kid - lol) i would imagine 2 drinks would not allow me to stand up straight -

hub is not a drinker - his father was an alcoholic - if he has a drink at all, he will have one drink and switch to diet coke for the rest of the evening -

this is our drinking pattern now - (dh is 71 and i am 69) - when we were younger, we drank much more - but, never to the point of getting drunk -

i actually forget what the question was - so please forgive how long it took me to answer - and i probably missed the point -

i should probably go out to the kitchen and have an irish coffee - since it's only 10 am - j/k, girls !!! -

huggss - suzi - do ya think i might have been "under the influence when i wrote this?"    jus teasin' ya'll -

oops - just read the other ladies' replies - it looks as though i'm the only drinker here & NO, i don't overdrink - sometimes i go weeks without a drink - i swear!!!   giggles - remember - i'm an old lady - for cryin' out loud - group hug

kimsardo
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I don't drink

kimsardo
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Quoting PoLski:

You sound so neat! 

Ya know, I went through my days of having a good time, and yes, too many times of getting too drunk.  I look back at those days and say to myself, "I'm so happy I don't get like that anymore!"  Yucky.  My husband cannot drink due to a medical issue, so that is why he does not drink, and I feel guilty if I have a drink around him, although he insists that it does not bother him at all.

I don't think it is a terrible thing to have a drink in front of your kids.  I think getting "tanked" in front of them is a major "No No."  My gosh...

My kiddies know that there are things that adults do that children cannot.

I try to limit my alcohol consumption cause I have noticed that I have tendencies to get carried away.  I proved that in the past.  My father is an alcoholic, and both my sisters followed in his steps.  One of my sisters pulled herself out of it, but my other one still drinks every night.  My family is awesome, by the way.  No nastiness, and lots of love.  Just a bit too much drinking sometimes. 

Now I feel like I'm just rambling.....Ha!

Quoting suziSunshine678:

I think it's a bad idea to drink in front of children.  Which the risk of someone becoming an alcoholic, the ease of one 'accidently' driving while intoxicated ( the limits are so low...and for good reason) I don't see why drinking is even worth it or why you'd want your kids to do it when they become 21.  This is how I see it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)