Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Voting question..

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

This will be the first year I've ever voted, and I don't know what to expect. I do know it's probably not ideal to bring children, so I've arranged for my mom to watch my six and four year olds. How long are the lines/the wait? What do I need to bring? I dont know anything about politics, and only care about the presidential election, can I vote only for the presidental candidtate, and leave the rest blank?

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kimsardo
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Bring your voting registration book or card that you received in the mail, if you have it. It also tells you were to go. Bring your id and that is it. Yes you may just vote for your presidential choice.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I am taking my kids with me, they are 6, 8 and 12 they love going. I have always taken them with me when I vote. It is good for them to see and learn.  Take your ID and voting card. Lines depend on the polling place and can't be predicted.  You can vote however you want and not fill out the whole think if you wish.  It is up to the voter.

steelcage
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I don't have a card. I have an inactive voter's status, but was told that all I need to do is go to the place I'm registered at and voting activates my status (I registered at 18, but am 25 now). I do know where to go, I had to look it up.

Quoting kimsardo:

Bring your voting registration book or card that you received in the mail, if you have it. It also tells you were to go. Bring your id and that is it. Yes you may just vote for your presidential choice.

steelcage
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I don't have a voters card, will that effect anything?

Quoting Thelmama:

I am taking my kids with me, they are 6, 8 and 12 they love going. I have always taken them with me when I vote. It is good for them to see and learn.  Take your ID and voting card. Lines depend on the polling place and can't be predicted.  You can vote however you want and not fill out the whole think if you wish.  It is up to the voter.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM

What do you have that shows you are registered to vote?  Take and ID and whatever shows you are registered to vote. If you don't have that, they may be able to look up if you are registered or not. Depends on where you are and your local voting requirements.

Quoting steelcage:

Quoting Thelmama:

steelcage
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have anything...hopefully they can look it up. I'll try to find someone to call tomorrow.

Quoting Thelmama:

What do you have that shows you are registered to vote?  Take and ID and whatever shows you are registered to vote. If you don't have that, they may be able to look up if you are registered or not. Depends on where you are and your local voting requirements.

Quoting steelcage:

Quoting Thelmama:

kimsardo
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Quoting steelcage:

I don't have a card. I have an inactive voter's status, but was told that all I need to do is go to the place I'm registered at and voting activates my status (I registered at 18, but am 25 now). I do know where to go, I had to look it up.

Quoting kimsardo:

Then go there and do that. Bring your id. That is all you need. You may vote for only the Presidential candiate you choose in the General Election. You don't need to vote on the other items.

kimsardo
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Quoting steelcage:

Quoting Thelmama:

I've gone without my voters card before. They just looked up my address and name on their sheet.  It didn't effect anything.

kimsardo
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Oh, and I vote without my child. It's just easier. Maybe when he is older I'll take him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN