Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Cookies from scratch or Pillsbury?

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you bake your cookies?

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Replies (61-70):
kimsardo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting HarleyQuinn74:

Betty Crocker mix. That way they feel like home made! They are super easy and affordable :)

I haven't done that mix since I was in my 20's. I remember they make a ton of cookies.

kimsardo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quoting marcy31:

I don't bake.  I use the already made cookies.

Oh, ya! I forgot that option!

kimsardo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Quoting lyngerdam:

My husband always says I have the world's largest box of scratch. I make my own cookies, so, now that my kids are grown they whine they never got Chips Ahoy. I do use boxes for my brownies because my husband prefers them but, I've got a great easy recipe to do from scratch. We have a Holiday party for about 100 and every year, I put out about 15 - 20 differents kinds of homemade cookies from scratch and people always want to take some home so, I think they must be good.

That's cool. That is a lot of different cookies, I've seen recipie plans for lots of kinds of cookies in the magazines. Kind of a base then go from there.

I'd love to have about 20 different cookies right now!

kimsardo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Quoting NeverABreak:

I cook from scratch with my little man. He LOVES throwing all the ingredients in the bowl and then getting to lick the spoon when we're done. I cook eggless to avoid any possible salmonella. :)

Is there something you use to replace the egg?

kimsardo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Quoting taniamorse85:

When I have the time, I make them from scratch.  I love playing with recipes, and I've come up with some interesting things when I bake from scratch.  This afternoon, though, I used a Betty Crocker mix to make gingerbread cookies.  Since I was planning to make cutout cookies, I decided to go easy on myself with making the batter.  They may have been from a bag mix, but they still smelled and tasted great, and it was so nice to have the oven on to help heat up the apartment.  We had the heater on, but it was just such a bitterly cold day that the heater wasn't enough.

I love gingerbread cookies.

kimsardo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Quoting anotherandree:

I usually bake from scratch, but Target had the Halloween sugar cookies on sale for .50!  Couldn't pass that up!

Nope, I wouldn't pass that up either.

KayLundy3
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:50 AM
I used to love baking peanut butter cookies from scratch.. I haven't though since I've had my girls..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsardo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I can't lie - from some pre-packaged container...

You know what - maybe over thanksgiving I can make cookies from scratch with the kids - they have never seen me do that! 

Thanks for the idea!

Did you make cookies?

kimsardo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Quoting werkinmom:

I bake a double batch when I have free time and freeze about 2/3 of what is made so I have some to nibble on and some left over for entertaining. they only take about 10-15 min to thaw on a pretty plate at room temp.

Whenever I freeze stuff it end up tasting like freezer burn or something. What is the trick?

kimsardo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Quoting KayLundy3:

I used to love baking peanut butter cookies from scratch.. I haven't though since I've had my girls..

I've never made peanut butter cookies from scratch. I'm going to do that this Christmas season.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN