Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Cookies from scratch or Pillsbury?

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you bake your cookies?

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
lyngerdam
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM

My husband always says I have the world's largest box of scratch. I make my own cookies, so, now that my kids are grown they whine they never got Chips Ahoy. I do use boxes for my brownies because my husband prefers them but, I've got a great easy recipe to do from scratch. We have a Holiday party for about 100 and every year, I put out about 15 - 20 differents kinds of homemade cookies from scratch and people always want to take some home so, I think they must be good.

bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Not from scratch, that's for sure!! :)

NeverABreak
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I cook from scratch with my little man. He LOVES throwing all the ingredients in the bowl and then getting to lick the spoon when we're done. I cook eggless to avoid any possible salmonella. :)

karisma22
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I bake cookies from scratch, so does my thirteen year old daughter.

Mabuka
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Definitely from scratch. They are much better and it's a great activity to do with my daughter! She loves helping me pour the ingredients into the bowl! Mmm...just made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies a couple days ago. :)

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:12 AM

When I have the time, I make them from scratch.  I love playing with recipes, and I've come up with some interesting things when I bake from scratch.  This afternoon, though, I used a Betty Crocker mix to make gingerbread cookies.  Since I was planning to make cutout cookies, I decided to go easy on myself with making the batter.  They may have been from a bag mix, but they still smelled and tasted great, and it was so nice to have the oven on to help heat up the apartment.  We had the heater on, but it was just such a bitterly cold day that the heater wasn't enough.

md_1015
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I will try it thank you.

Quoting LexRi0709:

I found the best recipe on allrecipes.com for brownies. They are called "Brooke's best bombshell brownies".

• 1 cup butter, melted
  • 3 cups white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish
  2. combine melted butter, sugar and vnailla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended
  3. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into the egg mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate morsels. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
  4. Bake in a preheated oven until a toothpick comes out clean, 35-40 min.
  5. Remove from oven and cool before cutting.

I would copy and paste the recipe, but I have to use firefox to get on CM from my computer and it wont let me.

Quoting md_1015:

I always bake from scratch. Except for brownies those come from the box. I have never been able to cone up with a good brownie recipe.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM
from scratch, mostly. I do have one child who loves the processed cookie dough , especially with the shapes in it. So most holidays I will buy a pack of the break apart and bake cookies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Pillsbury for sugar cookies.  Choclate chip I do about 50/50 refridgerated and forn scratch.  My aunt used to do her sugar from sratch, my mom always used Pillsbury.  At holiday parties, my Moms alway went first.

sassysuie
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Pillsbury

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)