Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

To moms of more than one. Do you have a favorite child?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 320 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have a favorite child?

Options:

No, of course not!

Yes I do. But I make sure none of the kids know it.

Yes I do and everyone, including the kids know it.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 586

View Results

I have three kids. All of them are great but I find that I have a stronger connection to one of them. We just have more in common and get along better. I feel bad about that but that's just how it is. But with that said, I try very hard to make sure I don't show any outward sign of favoritism. I know how much that can hurt :-(

I'm on the home page!!!

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjump25
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM
3 moms liked this
No not at all. Not right now anyway. They both drive me crazy equally. Lol.

I was at my friends bday party this weekend. She has five kids. I was shocked to hear her say out loud in front of all 5 kids that her youngest is her favorite. Someone said the boys were being bad and she said "it must be zack. Tyler wouldn't do that" and her daughter said "it was Tyler! You just think he can do no wrong cause he is your favorite!" She said "well...that is true" they were all like "we know!" I couldn't believe it! And by the way...Tyler is THE BRATTIEST of them all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

no favorites

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I have 4 and I agree with everything you said. Of course I LOVE them all equally though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this

That's just awful!

Quoting sjump25:

No not at all. Not right now anyway. They both drive me crazy equally. Lol.

I was at my friends bday party this weekend. She has five kids. I was shocked to hear her say out loud in front of all 5 kids that her youngest is her favorite. Someone said the boys were being bad and she said "it must be zack. Tyler wouldn't do that" and her daughter said "it was Tyler! You just think he can do no wrong cause he is your favorite!" She said "well...that is true" they were all like "we know!" I couldn't believe it! And by the way...Tyler is THE BRATTIEST of them all!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh that goes without saying!

Quoting Bmama1:

I have 4 and I agree with everything you said. Of course I LOVE them all equally though.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM
13 moms liked this

Not really.  One day my older son might be my favorite but the next it could be my daughter or my younger son.  I think it depends on the day, how they've been behaving, etc.

Honestly though, I really don't have a favorite.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM
5 moms liked this

Nope - I love/like my boys equally - but for very different reasons!

MedicMommy722
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:42 AM
5 moms liked this
Right now, the baby is my favorite. These darn older kids have the most horrible, smart mouths on them! Lol. J/k, I have favorites for different things, kwim? My daughter is my favorite shopping buddy, SS is my favorite when I just wanna bum around and be quiet, DS is my favorite when I want to feel needed. :) just examples...
Apollos82
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:48 AM
5 moms liked this
I said yes, but no one will know...my situation is a little different, though. I have an 8yo SS who lives with his mom and I'm about I deliver my first. My baby girl is already my "favorite" if it counts as such a thing, but neither child will (hopefully!) ever know that. I try to treat my SS with as much love, respect, and care as I would my own child. He deserves nothing less. <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Oooooh. That was hella real.

Quoting Apollos82:

I said yes, but no one will know...my situation is a little different, though. I have an 8yo SS who lives with his mom and I'm about I deliver my first. My baby girl is already my "favorite" if it counts as such a thing, but neither child will (hopefully!) ever know that. I try to treat my SS with as much love, respect, and care as I would my own child. He deserves nothing less. <3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)