Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

To moms of more than one. Do you have a favorite child?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you have a favorite child?

Options:

No, of course not!

Yes I do. But I make sure none of the kids know it.

Yes I do and everyone, including the kids know it.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 586

View Results

I have three kids. All of them are great but I find that I have a stronger connection to one of them. We just have more in common and get along better. I feel bad about that but that's just how it is. But with that said, I try very hard to make sure I don't show any outward sign of favoritism. I know how much that can hurt :-(

I'm on the home page!!!

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Replies (261-270):
crzy4mc
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:06 AM
I only have one so I wouldnt know. My in-laws do favor their oldest son though and deny it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2pittsburghboys
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:13 AM
I have 3 kids and I love them all the same but, I do have favorite things about each one that is different :).
Jenniy
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:28 AM
I don't think I do. My older two and I have different things in common. Dd and I both love Harry Potter, LOTR, Criminal Minds and anime while Ds1 and I both love gaming, cooking and reading. Lol Ds2 I spend more time with than my older two bc he's special needs and requires lots of care.

So each child I spend time doing different things with, unless it's Harry Potter, my older two and I have marathon's with those movies complete with popcorn and cookies. Lol
rocamom
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:35 AM

I have two Children and my favorite is whichever one is listening to me the best.. HAHA 

Seriously, no I don't have a favorite but I do try to spend special time with each of my children so that they BOTH feel special..

westtxmomtobe
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:55 AM

No favorites here, but I am scared more like paranoid that will change. We haea  kinda unique situation though.

My 8 yo step daughter and 10 yo step son and 4 yo foster son have lived with us full time for 7 months. I was due

with my first child a girl yesterday. I am so scared that I may feel more love for her than the others and scared they

might see it. I love them all the same right now, each offers something precious to me and I don't want our

relationships to change whatesoever, but I don't know if that's even possible to avoid. I mean, my daughter will

be miune by blood, I've carried her the last 9 months, how am I not supposed to be closer to her? I really don't know

what to do about this, I haven't even spoken to dh about it I guess because I feel ashamed that I might feel more

strongly for our daughter together than his other two or our foster son. Ugh, it feels awful!!!

Teeshann
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:04 AM

nope. don't favor one over the other. i tease them and tell them the baby is my favorite because she's the cutest. but i enjoy my children equally.

LizWG
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:48 AM

That's it, a stronger connection to one of them. We just have more in common and get along better. Of my 7 children, 2 were just easier to love, sweet, cuddly, loveable, and loving, and loved by all.  My children think my 1st and last were my favorites, not so,  Sometimes one just has more needs.  Sometimes the one who is doing everything right gets neglected. Each of my children are special for different reasons. 2 of them are highly intellegent. All are smart and have done well. The 1st was special because it was all so new to me, and the youngest because he was the baby; soon followed by a grandchild! 2 of them were great athletes. All were cute, and are handsome, and beautiful. My daughter is special because she is my only, girl, and the little mother to her brothers, also a very successful adult, as they all are. 

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:09 AM
We have four, and I love them each in very special ways . They are all very different wonderful people with their own unique qualities, and Im very lucky to have great kids. That doesnt mean that they dont have the potential drive me up a wall, though, at times.
madipayt
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:13 AM
No. I amclose to both my daughters, 13 & 12. Maybe when they get older! LOL
daydreamer
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I am the mother of two eight years apart.  My eldest is a daughter who is in college, my son is in middle school.  With each child came unique things to appreciate.  Chidren are truly a blessing and they keep us young.  They help us ot experience a variety of life experiences that maybe we would not have had such an opportunity otherwise.  Daughter was one that I shared more quiet things with.  We read books together, shared drawing pictures and would be engrossed in nature where as my son and I have shared active interests, like bike riding, kicking a soccer ball around or playing basketball.  There are no sort of favorites placing one in my heart above the other, but instead, both carry an equal fondness from me but for different reasons.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN