Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

To moms of more than one. Do you have a favorite child?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you have a favorite child?

Options:

No, of course not!

Yes I do. But I make sure none of the kids know it.

Yes I do and everyone, including the kids know it.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 586

View Results

I have three kids. All of them are great but I find that I have a stronger connection to one of them. We just have more in common and get along better. I feel bad about that but that's just how it is. But with that said, I try very hard to make sure I don't show any outward sign of favoritism. I know how much that can hurt :-(

I'm on the home page!!!

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Replies (311-320):
1stRosie
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

then why did you already say you have a favorite? trust me, your SS will grow up knowing you dont love him as much as your DD and it will hurt. A LOT.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Who are you quoting?

Quoting 1stRosie:

then why did you already say you have a favorite? trust me, your SS will grow up knowing you dont love him as much as your DD and it will hurt. A LOT.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I undderstand. My youngest dd is such a cuddle bug. But my son is rarely affectionate. And he can be an ass most days...

Quoting momtotwo08:

Honestly, yes I do. I tend to favor my oldest more, he's 4 other son is 2. I think it's bc he was born with a birth defect and so I literally held him all the time even more after his surgery so we have a great connection. My 2 yo however I never got that "alone" bonding time bc I had a then 2 yo also. My 4 yo is very loving and sweet always has been where as my 2 yo is mean as a snake and hates to be cuddled unless he's sleepy. I do love them both equally.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM

That's how it is with my kids too.

Quoting Acalhoun:

Having a stronger connection with one child over the other in my opinion, is not favoritism.  To me, favoritism is when you actually treat a child in a different manner of the other kids, as in they get special treatment, more treats, more of other things, etc. etc.

If you offer the same amount of opportunities to your other kids to spend equal time with you as you do with the one child, it is not playing favorites.  

I too have 3 children, and like you have a stronger connection with one in particular.  She is my shopping companion, errand companion, etc.  This only came about because she volunteered to come with me all the time, so now it just happens naturally.  The other two prefer not to go on errands and shopping because they don't like the "hassle" of it interrupting whatever it is they are doing.  They do know however, that if they ever need a ride or anything else from me - I am readily available to them.

1stRosie
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Quoting paganbaby:

Who are you quoting?

Quoting 1stRosie:

by  Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:48 AM
I said yes, but no one will know...my situation is a little different, though. I have an 8yo SS who lives with his mom and I'm about I deliver my first. My baby girl is already my "favorite" if it counts as such a thing, but neither child will (hopefully!) ever know that. I try to treat my SS with as much love, respect, and care as I would my own child. He deserves nothing less. <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

sorry i didnt quote the original, i just replied...

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM
I have two and through out the day my favorite changes. The three year old is my favorite when she's being cute and my little one is my favorite when his older sister is throwing a tantrum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JrandIzsMom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I do however have one child That I like less than the others. His father raised him to be a total Daddy's boy. I was forced to wean him early and almost never allowed to hold and cuddle him and as a result he hates me. He lashes out at me, hits me, bites me, punches me, and never listens to me. It's the hardest thing I've ever dealt with, knowing my baby can barely tolerate me. I try to shower him with love and affection when his Father is not around (which he never will be again now) but he still runs away from me screaming sometimes.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Oh  how old is he?

Quoting JrandIzsMom:

I do however have one child That I like less than the others. His father raised him to be a total Daddy's boy. I was forced to wean him early and almost never allowed to hold and cuddle him and as a result he hates me. He lashes out at me, hits me, bites me, punches me, and never listens to me. It's the hardest thing I've ever dealt with, knowing my baby can barely tolerate me. I try to shower him with love and affection when his Father is not around (which he never will be again now) but he still runs away from me screaming sometimes.

AliKatAK47
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Yes. My 7 year old is my favorite child. My 9 year old doesn't seem to care seeing as her dad is her favorite parent.

Srvp20
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Yes and no lol reason why I say that is I think there isn't really any " favoritism" the one you have a stronger connection with is the one that reminds you of yourself in so many ways, you might notice that while he/she is your favorite that's the one you are much harsher on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN