Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Thoughts on cell phones

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:23 PM
  • 25 Replies

Just curious if people are in a contract with their cell phone company and if they are happy with their provider?  If you were to switch providers, what would make you switch?  Would you switch to another company with a contract or go with a company that is prepaid? 

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM

i have a contract and i am completely happy with my provider. :)

athompson2189
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I use AT&T and its ok. would switch for unlimited data....

amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I have TMobile (contract) and have had it for years so I guess I'm happy with it.

offrdngal
by Terri on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM

We had Nextel/Sprint for several years, until they started pissing us off.  They would change the monthy fee constantly and limit services.  We finally had enough and a year ago, we went with Boost.  Yes, it's part of Sprint, but it's no contract.  I haven't had any issue with them lately.

Rach7224
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I had us cellular for years, moved to an area where there was coverage but not stores or anything and i hated that. I started working for tmobile and had a phone service with them for an amazing price since i was an employee and the service sucked so bad. We moved back to where we were before and the service was worse. I wasnt under a contract and didnt want one. Where we are now us cellular was always great so i considered going back but they have changed a lot and we want to move to idaho eventually and they have no us cellular there so we went to verizon. Dh had verizon for years and never had any problems. We signed a two years agreement and i have to say after working at a cell company i was iffy about the contract but i have never been happier with service as far as covergae and customer service and the level of help for anything. Verizon is great. Tmobile was horrible and us cellular is also great just wouldnt work if we moved.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DiANAiVELiSSE
by Diana on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM

SHOOO I am a cagillion % happy & I have metro!

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I had Verizon for years, but the prices were getting out of control.  I ended up switching to prepaid and couldn't be happier.  My phone doesn't do a ton of cool stuff, it makes phone calls just as it is intended to.  I spent $10 on the phone and maybe $100 a year in minutes. 

Jennyanne322
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I have AT&T and haven't had any problems with them. I have the iPhone with unlimited data.
Rach7224
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Oh and prepaid is iffy also, we did that for a month or so. You really have to read the fine print if you are doing prepaid with data. They cap it and its so slow after just 30mb. Thats nothing for most people now days. If you cant afford more do it but theres a chanceyou wont be as happy. Also with prepaid you have no discount of phones so they are full price, and if they break its full price again. It depends if you want a savings on a phone and to pay more monthly or if you want to pay a lot for a phone and lower monthly. They really even out in the end.
mom2priceboys
by Julie on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM

This is my exact issue also - next renewal I need better data since I will have 4 phones so the company switch may happen then (august 13) I need to keep my number though since I have had it for 8 years and it is how people know to get ahold of me

Quoting athompson2189:

I use AT&T and its ok. would switch for unlimited data....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN