Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very odd situation

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

My daughter buys a house that is in foreclosure, about 4 months ago.  The previous owners bought another house nearby over a hill.  Brand new...  The previous owners are still socially tied to the neighborhood.  A cul de sac type situation.  They move in and everyone seems friendly.  That is, until the previous owner comes into the neighborhood.  No one acknowledges my daughters families existence.  She has two small children that play with the kids in the neighborhood.  My daughter invited them all over and no one accepted, then goes outside the night she had invited them and there is a neighborhood get together that no one told them about. She takes the kids to a Halloween party, comes home and they are all in HER driveway having a Halloween party.  They all have to move out of the way so they can get into their driveway to park their car. She goes out and sits with the other Moms and they all have a glass of wine and watch the kids, they are all friendly to her if the previous owner is not there.  I could go on and on.  Any comments on this behavior?  Is she being too sensative?

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM

hmmmm...odd.

peacemom28
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 4:45 PM
3 moms liked this

People can be like that sometimes. I think she should kill them with kindness. They were lighten up after awhile.

Venae
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I wonder how you buy a brand new home after you've let another home go into foreclosure.

ihave1
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I was wondering the same thing.  Also I wouldnt waste my time w/ those people.

Quoting Venae:

I wonder how you buy a brand new home after you've let another home go into foreclosure.

pelicanhead
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Apparently they bought the new home, then stopped payment on the other home.  Kind of a common thing  here   : (

Allebas
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I was wondering the same thing too!! That is just CRAZY!! I mean SERIOUSLY!! If you have a house that went into foreclosure, HOW do you manage to then go buy a BRAND NEW HOME?? Makes ZERO sense to me!!! VERY WEIRD!!

Quoting Venae:

bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I had a friend do it.

She foreclosed her house and they just moved into their new house, just built!!

she had her mom put the house in her name...that's how they did it.

Quoting Allebas:

I was wondering the same thing too!! That is just CRAZY!! I mean SERIOUSLY!! If you have a house that went into foreclosure, HOW do you manage to then go buy a BRAND NEW HOME?? Makes ZERO sense to me!!! VERY WEIRD!!

Quoting Venae:

bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:34 PM

They sound like crappy people to me.

My mom always tells me that kill them with kindness crap...I'm not kind!! ;)

I'd probably say something, or keep pushing if she's really that interested in being friends with them..

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM

That's so strange!  I wouldn't be so nice, and I'm a relatively nice person unless you make me really mad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)