Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Work from home?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi, I'm new to cafemom. I've never joined a group before. I am actually in need of some information... I am a mom of 3 small children and would love to work from home. Do any of you work from home? How do you find an honest business and how do you get started?

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XOXOArmyWife
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Here's a list of the ones I do:

http://themodernarmywife.blogspot.com/2012/01/work-at-home-opportunities.html?m=1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoisMae
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Thank you so much!

mgtnlm
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM
It's hard to find one that's not a scam. I searched for over 6 months before I found the perfect one for me without multi level marketing nor any huge buy ins. It won't let me post my website on here, so if you would like to see what I do, message me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM

www.lionbridge.com

It's legit, you do not have to pay anything.

You have to pass an exam though, in order to get hired.

Paid by the hour, work your own hours. It's a max of 20 a week, sometimes they offer OT and bonuses.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I would love to as well, but I haven't found any legit ones yet.

Welcome to The Lounge!

XeraRose
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:11 AM
A good rule of thumb to follow when looking for legitimate work at home is to decide first of all whether you want a job at home or a home based business. Home based jobs are hard to find, and not the most lucrative. Often pay is based ohm on piece work. But there should be no cost to start, and training and equipment should be free and provided. Home businesses, on the other hand, should have upfront costs. After all, you"own" the business, and you should pay for it. Training may or may not be free, and any supplies you'll probably have to provide yourself. But your income potential should be much much higher. In both cases, look for a community of support, online presence and a personal coach or mentor to walk you through the early stages of setup.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I work from home for a local company. Be careful when looking for work at home jobs...a lot of them are scams!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I work from home full time - salary + benefits. If you're looking for a JOB rather than a BUSINESS some great & legit sites to check out are:

Wahm.com (telecommuting forum)
Ratracerebellion.com
Workplacelikehome.com

If you're looking for a home-based business, I can't help you.

Good luck!
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM

it would be nice to be able to work from home and not pay anything

welcome btw

Meg_AKB
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM
I work successfully from home with an infant. Message me for details if you'd like, we are always looking for more associates! It's the best thing to happen for us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)